- 7 years ago
- Wedding: December 2016
So, I lost my job about 3 weeks ago now…which would have been ok IF I saw it coming!!! Anyways, Fiance and I were all set for Mar 22,2012 but due to not having the money now,we are pushing it back to late Oct. Still beatiful weather here in PHX. Also, we won’t have to touch our tax return and have more time to save.
We had alot of $$ saved and things were going great. I had been working as a bartender for over a year and all of the sudden my boss said “I dont have a reason but I have to let you go”. Lets just say he hired a friend’stripper lol!
I have been really trying to push and convince my Fiance we will be able to pull it off in 7 months but had been lying to myself the past cpl weeks. We have spent all our wedding money on bills and such. It finally hit me today. There is NO WAY in hell we are going to pull this off! So I called Future Mother-In-Law and she agreed it would be the best thing as well. I emailed our venue and HOPEFULLY they will let me push it back!
Fiance was happy when he came home and I told him my plan. We have a daughter ( i have 2 more in OK but lost custody in the Navy,dang single parent law) and it would not be wise regardless to get into debt over a silly wedding. Have already booked alot, we could not cancel. So the “grown-up”thing to do was just to delay it. I feel so much weight lifted off my shoulders. I believe this will be better and more fun now that we will have money saved and not rushing it. Even though we are on a $7k-8K budget,we can actually pull it off and plan properly. Being together for 7 yrs next mo. I have all I need right now. I can’t wait to marry him in another 400 plus days lol!