(Closed) Changing your name?

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You need to let your payroll company know as well, especially if you’re changing your deductions from single (1) to married (2).

Post # 4
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

SS office

DMV for driver’s license and car title

Voter registration


Car insurance

Health insurance

Doctors’ offices

Bank accounts/debit card/checks

Credit Cards

Store Credit Cards/Membership Cards 

Retirement fund and any other financial accounts

HR office at work

Post office

Utilities/Cell phone/Netflix/anyone else who regularly bills your credit card

Gym membership

Library card

Frequent flier program or similar accounts


You don’t have to notify the IRS separately but your tax documents when you file your next return should match your new SS card.

Post # 5
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Some employers provide life insurance.  Make sure your beneficiaries are listed correctly with the correct percentage.

The topic ‘Changing your name?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors