Charter of the hive # 101

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 496
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

WB posted a bit too early…

RaccoonKitty :  FX O is soon!!

KittyYogi :  So frustating when sickness messes with temps! I hope you’re feeling better by the time O shows up

amanda1988 :  Your chart is looking good! That’s so weird that Mucinex might have dried you out. I hope you don’t have to wait long for O ๐Ÿ™‚

AFM, started re-temping this morning after a break. It was such a nice break! I lost total track of how many DPO I was which was awesome. AF is due on Monday so I wanted to start temping again so I could see the temp drop in anticipation of AF. Also hoping my LP is a little longer this cycle… it used to be 14 days, and last cycle it was only 12 (which I know is not a problem at all, just different from what I’m used to). 

I actually temped an hour early this morning, and got 98.24. But then when I temp corrected it, it was 98.44, which is the highest temp (unmedicated) I’ve EVER gotten in 4+ years of charting. So I ended up just keeping the 98.24 temp. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 4.32.35 PM

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 4.39.30 PM

Post # 497
1888 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsFairyBee :  Most people just screen shot their charts. I still have a few friends on FF, but Charters isn’t as active as it was back when we were around the first time, so it’s easy to keep track of everyone here. 

Post # 498
9608 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

ruby26 :  yeah.. not sure how much i believe her on that one tbh.  It’s possible she’s mixing up mucinex with some other sort of decongestant like afrin or something, which really would dry one out.  Still, I’ve stopped taking it.  

Post # 499
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

amanda1988 :  I remember reading that some types of Mucinex have an active ingredient that is a dessicating agent, whereas the plain regular Mucinex has the effect we’re looking for. The difference is just regular guaifenesin as the active ingredient (good), vs some other compound (bad). 

Post # 500
9608 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

KittyYogi :  yep.  mine is just guaifenesin but i assume she may have assumed otherwise?

Post # 501
673 posts
Busy bee

MrsFairyBee :  Welcome back ๐Ÿ™‚

amanda1988 :  Do you normally O late? FX EWCM is abundant this cycle with a BFP at the end ๐Ÿ™‚

ruby26 : Your chart looks great! How’s everything going with RE?

Post # 502
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

ruby26 :  excited to see what your temp does this morning! 

amanda1988 :  I know you wouldn’t have bought the mucinex with decongestant, so to me it seems unlikely mucinex dried you out. But it’s worth def try cutting it out. Are you more or less repeating the same “protocol” from your CP?

Post # 503
1888 posts
Buzzing bee

amanda1988 :  Your accupucturist has led you in the right direction so far, so I would have stopped too. 

feedthebeags :  We actually meet with the RE tomorrow! This cycle was all testing (CD3 bloodwork, SA, SIS) and trying on our own, and tomorrow we get the results and make the plan. I’m really hoping that we can start right away since AF is due soon! How are you doing?

AquariusLove :  Temp is still up, but I’m not sure that means anything for me. I considered testing this morning, but forgot when I went to the bathroom so FMU is out. I’m not holding out hope for this cycle though (we only hit O-3 and I had 3 days of + OPKs before temp spike)… just a longer LP would be great! How are you feeling, mama? 

Post # 504
99 posts
Worker bee

I was hoping to get your opinion on whether I ovulated or not. FF removed my cross hairs on CD15 when I put in the high temperature on CD20, and they haven’t reappeared even though my temperatures are definitely higher now.

Most of you have a lot more experience with chart interpretation so I was hoping to get your feedback. Did I ovulate based on your opinion? Thanks!

Post # 505
9608 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

AquariusLove :  now that I’ve cut out the Mucinex, yes.

feedthebeags :  cd17 is normal, but also the earliest I ever o.. as late as cd20 I wouldn’t bat a lash. It’s starting to look like itay be later than that.. I’ve had irregular cycles since ttc, yay. I had irregular cycles before, but the year before ttc I didn’t have a single long cycle. Sigh.

Post # 506
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

beenomial :  I think you ovulated, but it’s hard to tell what day since you missed CD17, which is right around when your temp shift happened. What time did you take that high temp on CD20? It may be off if you temped late. If that’s the case I would mark that temp as ‘questionable’ and see what happens going forward. The late EWCM on CD16 and CD17 are probably confusing FF too, although if that was the case, I don’t know why FF wouldn’t just move your O date to CD16 or CD17. Maybe try removing the EWCM on those two days to see if it makes a difference.

Post # 507
1888 posts
Buzzing bee

beenomial :  you have a lot of open circles; do you temp at different times everyday? I’m willing to bet FF is confused by your CM. You have EW on cd 17, but no temp that day so ff doesn’t know what to do. The best it would give you is dotted CHs on cd15 I think. I suspect you did ovulate based on your temps on cd18 and beyond, but it’s difficult to say which day. 

Post # 508
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I hope your appointment tomorrow is fruitful!! ruby26 :  

beenomial :  it looks like you ovulated around CD 15-16 but that FF is confused by the missing temps and the variable CM. I’d assume you did ovulate somewhere in there!

Post # 509
99 posts
Worker bee

sleepymelis :  I took the high temperature on CD20 at 8:20 AM. I temp at about 7 AM on weekdays, but I had a doctor’s appointment later in the morning and didn’t wake at my usual time. Based on my experience, it didn’t usually make much difference for my temperature shift.

ruby26 :   KittyYogi :  That makes sense. FF must be confused. Removing just the EWCM on CD16 and CD17 still doesn’t give cross-hairs.

But when I remove the high temperature on CD20, I get solid crosshairs on CD15, even with the EWCM on CD16-17. It’s weird how having too high temperatures seems to make FF confused.

Post # 510
2663 posts
Sugar bee

beenomial :  I’m guessing you O’d about CD 16-17 with 17 being most likely due to your EWCM. It’s very feasible that your temp could have been down to around 97.8 on CD17 or so like your other low temps, and then shot up after ovulation to 98.3 on CD18. O’ing on CD 17 would give you a nice coverline above your preO temps. Just my analysis based on the data you have and guessing on the temps you’re without. ๐Ÿ™‚ Either way it looks like O did occur and you are between 8 and 6DPO, yay!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors