Charter of the hive # 101

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 571
1554 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

joybird16 :  Look at that OPK! Hopefully you can confidently say you O soon and be done and trade this waiting game for the TWW! From your chart and all those OPKs, it certainly seems like your body has been trying to ovulate for a while now. Do you typically get that much EWCM every month?

Post # 572
107 posts
Blushing bee

tiffanybruiser :  I totally agree on the HPT! Just went back and looked at my first few cycles using the digital OPKs in early 2017 and my “high” days averaged about 8 before a positive OPK. So…I guess this is par for the course for me (although the month of my CP that was not the case.) What a mind game!

Post # 573
107 posts
Blushing bee

larissakay :  Definitely not usually this much EWCM but I did take Mucinex and EPO this month. I’ve only taken EPO one other cycle (earler in our TTC journey when my cycles were more regular) and it did delay O a few days. This was my first cycle with Mucinex though!

Post # 574
2091 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I got my first positive OPK yesterday since starting charting again. My prior OPKs had been so so negative and then bam! I’m anticipating another positive when I POAS tonight, that’s how my cycles were when charting before my Dirty Delete was conceived, usually two days of positive OPKs. I’m thinking I’ll probably O today or tomorrow. A slight wrench in this is that this is my first cycle off BCP and we’re TTA until late May. We did the deed Saturday night and in the heat of the moment decided not to pull out. Super smart, I know, but I have longer cycles and didn’t have any fertile signs and didn’t expect O any time soon. That changed the following day with EWCM. So there is a sliiight chance this cycle. We will see.

Post # 575
434 posts
Helper bee

Coming over from the February POAS board to ask a charting question because I don’t know anything. So I’m using Ava for charting not a BBT, just so you know. I wasn’t supposed to be using OPKs this cycle since Darling Husband wanted to “do less” so I was just relying on Ava. Until CD 14 when I took an OPK and it looked nearly positive and some negative ones later that day (with very dilute urine). I took another CD 15 that was negative and CD 16 that was super negative, with almost no second line. Ava says I ovulated on CD 17. But I don’t know how with that opk on CD 14. So here’s the OPK and my Ava chart thus far. Can y’all tell me what you think or when you think I may have O’d? Temps kept going up until today when it had a little dip.

Post # 576
3037 posts
Sugar bee

nursebee22 :  Can you plug your temps and near pos or positive opk into FF? I have no clue how ava works – it seems really hard to decipher when you may have O’ed just by looking at the ava info. It looks like you HAVE had a small temp shift though?? 

Have you charted using FF at all for previous cycles? If so, what are your usual post-o temps like? It is kinda looking like O on cd15 to me.

Post # 577
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Can anyone help me interpret this? I never got a positive opk this cycle despite being on cd22 (my cycles are 28-34 days long) and my app still has cd12 as ovulation even though I removed a couple of very low temps just before it that I thought might be screwing the results. Does this look like I’ve ovulated yet? My cycles have got longer over the last three months and now I’m worried I’m not ovulating!!

Post # 578
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Also I have a question about the coverline in Fertility Friend. My app obviously doesn’t have a cover line but is it considered the highest temp in the first half of your cycle? If so I’m guessing it’s at 36.3 for me. After cd17 my temps never go below that so maybe I ovulated cd17? Despite not getting a positive opk? Is it ok to have a couple high temps before ovulation that match later ones- eg those two 36.4 ones before cd17? I’m so new to this all!

Post # 579
434 posts
Helper bee

RaccoonKitty :  I haven’t. I started plugging my Ava info in last cycle but got lazy. And that was my first cycle to use Ava. I guess I’ll just try to wait as long as I can before doing hpts since I don’t know what dpo I could be

Post # 580
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi ladies! I don’t know if people are still roll calling on this thread but I hope its ok if I join you! I’m TTA for now.

I started temping this week, mid-cycle since thats when I had just gotten a thermometer. I know I can’t confirm anything without more pre-O temps for this cycle and a few more months of charting but I’m hoping that I just caught ovulation. I had a random high temp from my first day that I discarded because it took me longer than it should have to actually take the temp that morning because I didn’t bother figuring out the thermometer the night before haha.

I have shorter 25-26 day cycles and I *think* my LP is 12 or 13 days so I’m eager to figure it out. I knew nothing about charting before joining this site so I’m thankful already how helpful stalking this thread has been and I’m sure I’ll have many more questions! 

Post # 581
3037 posts
Sugar bee

marriedbliss : I know that FF works your coverline out by averaging the 6 temps before ovulation. Sorry I don’t know about the app you are using! I always find FF is by far the easiest to interpret.

Post # 582
2091 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Officially ovulated on cd19 and hit O-4. We were TTA but there is the sliiightest chance this cycle so I’ll start POAS at 10DPO next Sunday. I prefer to test on weekends and don’t really want to wait till the following weekend at 15/16 dpo. It’s also my 30th birthday today. 🙂

Post # 583
635 posts
Busy bee

Is this thread still active? I’d like to join with questions, etc.

Post # 584
1554 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

greywacke :  There’s quite a few of us that check in here. Ask away!

Post # 585
635 posts
Busy bee

larissakay :  Thanks!

Second month charting and this chart has been quite weird compared to the last one. It seems like I’m having a lot of fallback temps. Any reason for this? I started temping vaginally this cycle. Could this be the reason?

Looking back at the previous cycle it is safe to assume that I O’d around day 19/20 instead of what FF predicted (CD25). On what date should I test with Ovulation strips?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors