Charter of the hive # 101

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 616
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

greywacke :  that chart looks great! I just bought the VIP FF membership yesterday. Looks like it is still on sale today for $24.99 for the year! I would do it if I were you. I love it! Get you DPO count back plus all these other cool features. 

Post # 617
7751 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yeah I also bought the 12-month VIP package a few months ago when it was on sale. My thinking was, you can pause the VIP membership once you get pregnant and then restart it next time you’re TTC. So even if it doesn’t take me 12 months to get pregnant this time (which I’m obviously hoping it won’t), I’ll still likely get use out of most of those 12 months since we intend to have 2-3 kids.

Post # 618
31 posts
Newbee

tiffanybruiser :  I didn’t realize you could pause it! That makes me feel a lot better about spending the money on it. I definitely feel like it’s worth it, but I thought I’d have to forfeit the rest, and I’m way too frugal to be ok with that!

Post # 619
7751 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

kllyashton :  Yep! I paused it when I was pregnant for a few weeks back in November-December, and then reactivated it after my miscarriage. The only thing that’s kind of annoying is that when you pause it, you can’t “unpause” it for at least 15 days. So next time I get a bfp, I’ll probably wait until I’m past the first sonogram at least to pause it just to make sure things are headed in the right direction.

Post # 621
935 posts
Busy bee

If you wonderful ladies can give me your opinions on my chart below, that would be fantastic.

I just started temping for the first time and of course didn’t start until close to the middle of my cycle (CD 8) so this may not be accurate in the first place.

Anyway, you will see below that FF pointed to my O date as CD 12. I’ve been entering the temperatures in a couple other apps I used, and they all confirmed CD 12 or CD 13. Not too far off. THEN CD 17 (DPO 5) came around. FF and 3 of my other apps stayed on the CD 12/13 O date, but now one of my other apps is telling me CD 17 is my ACTUAL O date. (You will also notice, I have had straight negative OPKs [all cheapies that I have NEVER gotten a positive on in my 6 months of trying] so that hasn’t helped me determine what is right either.)

Based on CM, it seems the CD 12/13 prediction should be correct, but naturally, I’m curious.

Thanks for your thoughts on this, ladies!

Post # 622
2186 posts
Buzzing bee

tulipdazey :  I don’t think it could be CD17, but it could be CD16. Based on CM, CD12 makes the most sense, but with that big jump on CD17 and the relative lack of info pre-O, I wouldn’t rule out CD16. 

Did you have any CM past CD12?

Post # 623
935 posts
Busy bee

larissakay :  Sorry, I was looking at the chart wrong and meant CD 16!

I had EWCM on CD 14 as well. After that though, nothing.

Post # 624
9568 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

tulipdazey :  how are you taking these temps? 

If you are using a thermometer in your mouth or vagina, your temps are alarmingly low. Hypothermia starts at 95*F .. perhaps the battery in your thermometer is off?  Or maybe you are placing it over your tongue instead of under? (Clearly you don’t in fact have hypothermia now and then.. lol)

Post # 625
977 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

tulipdazey :  How long are your cycles usually? That might help you guess for this cycle.

I also started temping mid-month in January at a similar time in my cycle as you (could see my temps going up but didn’t have enough data for pre-O temps) and FF still gave me cross hairs on the 4th date I had temped even though I was pretty sure I had O’d earlier based on CM. It was still good to get a bit of data from that cycle even though I knew it couldn’t really predict O. 

Post # 626
2186 posts
Buzzing bee

tulipdazey :  I bet if you added the EWCM on cd14 FF would change your date to cd16. Fertile cm after ovulation is unusual, so that’d support a later date. And agree with Amanda — your temps are really low!

Post # 627
552 posts
Busy bee

larissakay :   tiffanybruiser :  

Thanks for the feedback ladies 🙂  I’m not actively ttc yet but I have a history of pcos so I’m making sure things are OK before we start trying. Now that I have my first complete cycle I am going to buy some opks to try 4-5 days before pod. I do try to chart CM but mine doesn’t look much like the pictures I see online. What I believe is my ewcm looks exactly like boogers (sorry if tmi). Also, we use pull out and I’m not sure if all the fluid is my own (sorry if tmi again). 

Does anyone here have ewcm that looks just like clear boogers/snot? I got that on the day right before I got my peak. 

Post # 628
552 posts
Busy bee

tommywantwingy :  thanks for the heads up! Yeah I might just pay to get it back. I was puzzled when I lost my dpo count. 

Its good to know things look fine. I’m the sort of person who stresses about this sort of thing, so it’s reassuring to know things look alright at least on the surface before bothering my doctor asking for blood tests while not ttcing. 

Post # 629
7751 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

greywacke :  Yeah I’d say clear boogers look similar to EWCM. However, arousal fluid (for me) looks a lot like EWCM, which is confusing. It’s very thin and stretchy and totally clear. I try to avoid checking my CM within 12 hours or so of doing the deed because it’s so hard to tell what’s in there…

I don’t usually get much EWCM, but the few times I’ve had it in abundance it was impossible to miss. It was kinda translucent and stretched like 3-4 inches, and I’d see it on the tp or in my underwear. Most of the time though my EWCM is kinda scant and just looks like little thin strings that stretch like maybe an inch at most. The cycle I got pregnant, my EWCM was actually pretty sad, fwiw.

Post # 630
552 posts
Busy bee

tiffanybruiser :  Charting has made me realise how much more I am in tune with my body now, and how much more I ‘listen to it’. Before charting I’d had a couple cramps though my cycle and be like ugh. Now I’ve realised they happen right before O and right before my temp shift drops with impending AF. The same with the sore boobies. I feel like I am my own science experiment lol. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors