Charter of the hive # 101

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 631
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

greywacke :  SAME! Last cycle was my first confirmed O after a full year of nothing after quitting the pill. It’s crazy how in tune I’ve become with myself! I felt right sided pains before ovulation last month and I saw how my temp dipped for a few days before getting AF. I’m excited to go into cycle 2 now and see how many new things I pick up on. I was on the pill for so long and ignored literally everything I felt before and now that my periods returned to feel anything is crazy haha. I love it. 

Post # 632
2662 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

greywacke :  Charting is so cool to learn more about your body and how it works and what physical signs mean. That’s partially why I enjoy it too. Also, on your chart a few pages back, that is a 15 day LP, you don’t count the day of O and you don’t count the first day of bleeding as that is CD1 of the next cycle. Start counting after O. And I think your temp dip on 3DPO is pretty normal, I’ve had that before, it’s called a “fall back rise” and typically happens on 3DPO. OPKs should help give FF more data to work with next cycle. πŸ™‚ 

ETA: When will you start TTC? I’m charting to TTA right now myself. The goal is to have a spring 2019 baby (Feb-May) so going to start TTC late May/early June!

Post # 633
540 posts
Busy bee

MrsFairyBee :  Thanks for clearing that up πŸ™‚ I was a bit concerned when my temp dropped at 3 DPO. 

We are planning on TTC by the end of this year, so I would say we are hoping to have a late summer/fall/christmas baby next year. Fingers crossed! 

Post # 634
2662 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

greywacke :  I recommend Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years BDing, ha! That’s what we did for Dear Daughter and she was born mid September. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 635
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Does anyone have consistently high temps in the first half of their cycle? On cd 5 and still trending 97.9 and higher. First cycle charting, 4th trying, with one early mc on cycle 2. Wondering if I should buy another bbt. Could mine be faulty or is this normal? 

Post # 636
7716 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

FoolsintheRain :  I noticed that after my MC, my FP temps were consistently higher than before. Before the MC, they’d been hanging out around 97.1-2, and for the three cycles I charted afterward, 97.5ish. I wonder if it’s related. I wouldn’t worry too much about the high FP temps as long as you’re seeing a clear upward shift after ovulation. Also since this is your first cycle temping, you really don’t know what’s normal for you. Also, it’s only cd5, so is AF still lurking about? AF can cause wonky temps.

Post # 637
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

FoolsintheRain :  I’ve had random cycles where my FP temps are pretty high for a bit, then they dip lower before O. This cycle was especially dramatic – my FP temps were around or above my normal cover line till CD13. As far as I can tell it doesn’t affect my cycles otherwise. Other than making me think AF was just IB and I should POAS again just in case πŸ™„

Post # 638
711 posts
Busy bee

Wondering how much lower my temps are going to drop before O….

Post # 640
711 posts
Busy bee

sleepymelis :  right? It’s been dropping every day since a couple days before I got my period.

Post # 641
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

mama2bee71 :  I’m over on the POAS boards, but thought I’d join this one too if it’s okay.

ROLL CALL! 

TTC/TTA: TTC

CD/DPO: 6DPO 

Cycles TTC/Charting: 3 TTC/37 Charting

Age/SO’s Age: 32/37

POAS/AF Date: 3/15

BFP Plan and/or Known Issues: follow CM to identify FW

Link to chart: 

Post # 642
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I have a question for you experienced charters! How many days before AF does your temp drop to/near your coverline and how does this factor into understanding your LP?

I’ve charted 2 months now and each time had a 12 day LP. The first month my temp dropped down to the coverline at 12 DPO, day before AF. The second month however it had the same drastic drop at 11 DPO, 2 days before AF. I guess I’m wondering if that temp drop would indicate my body is already gearing up for AF at 11 DPO and would prevent implantation were I to have conceived? If that usually occurs 7-12 DPO it seems like even though I have a 12 day LP, really only the first 10 DPO days for me are good for implantation if my temp drops like that by 11 DPO?

I feel a little silly over analyzing to this extent but hey, charting is for us over-analyzers. I know some people take certain vitamins to extend their LPs so I’m just trying to sort out what mine is like as I get ready to TTC.

Post # 643
744 posts
Busy bee

FoolsintheRain :  This is happening to me now -_- I have been waking up warm recently but it’s .5 degrees higher than my usual pre O temps so I am just going to see how this cycle trends. I am on CD8 and should be O next weekend.

tommywantwingy :  o wow! I have never seen that before! Anything change in your sleep schedule, room temp, etc.?

mainely :  welcome πŸ™‚ When are you expecting O? We are cycle twins thus far because I am also CD8.

jz0909 :  Often your temp can start dropping in anticipation of AF and then drop below coverline when AF arrives; however, I’ve had cycles where it didn’t drop below coverline until CD2, or sometimes it would drop CD1 with the arrival of AF.

Post # 644
380 posts
Helper bee

feedthebeags :  Oops, I wasn’t clear, I was 8DPO. I’m 10 DPO today, so expecting either a BFP or AF next week. Thanks for the welcome!

jz0909 :  The reason your temp spikes/shifts in the first place is the progesterone. So when your temps start dipping in anticipation of AF, it is because progesterone is getting lower. The same reason you might start spotting a fee days before AF, lower progesterone. I’ve heard varying opinions on if these signs of lower progesterone pre-AF is bad or just normal. I’ve never read too much into it. I sometimes have my temp drop a couple days before, sometimes day of, sometimes a few days after. For me, it’s not a consistent thing. For some women it is. As hard as it is, I’d try to not over analyze everything until you have had some indication that you are struggle to get or stay pregnant. Also, I was just reading a scientific study the other day that found that most viable pregnancies implanted 8-10DPO. Those that implanted 11+ had increasingly higher chances of MC. So an early implanter seems to be better anyway!

Post # 645
380 posts
Helper bee

feedthebeags :  I mean 9DPO…. I’m a little anxious to be far enough to POAS! πŸ˜‰

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors