Charter of the hive # 101

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 676
534 posts
Busy bee

Hi Everyone. Really confused this new cycle and I would appreciate any feedback. My temps have been completely out of whack this week. One because of daylight savings and the other because I went out drinking this weekend and got a bout of gastritis. So FF is calculating my hangover as my POD cry And in the week since, I’ve been waking up at erratic times because of.. life.

Here is my chart

Anyway, I was about to consider this chart a loss for this month. Yesterday was CD16, my exact average ovulation day. I had cramping all through and sore breasts. I went to the bathroom and found a bunch of what I like to call vagina boogers. I then ran over to get an OPK.

So basically my question is, are these ‘vagina boogers’ EWCM? It’s clear, wet and very stretchy, but it looks a bit different from what I see in pictures online. It’s basically snot like and I had the exact same thing last month too the day before my O spike.
Also, is this a positive OPK? The test says that the T (test) strip should be equal to or darker than the C (control strip). I think the T strip is very slightly lighter than the C. Does this mean that I caught the LH surge on its way out? Did I ovulate?

Here is some CM and my OPK. Sorry if this is Too Much Information.

Post # 677
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

greywacke :  looks like! Both good signs i think! 

Can anyone take a peek at my chart.  I got an opk a few days ago when i didnt temp as i had stomach flu. No clear temp rise yet so wondering if it was pos due to dehydration from stomach flu or o was delayed? No clear ewcm yet but def more cm that feels sticky trending towards watery. No ongoing pos opk but still testing.  Blah. Temps are erratic and inconsistent due to dd being sick and in our bed and then me being sick.  

Post # 678
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

greywacke :  I’d call that a near positive. Test again tomorrow/ later today and see if it darkens. I’d also discard the temps on the days you’re suspicious of — it’ll help FF get a better idea of your normal.

FoolsintheRain :  you definitely didn’t O when you had that positive. I’d add your CM into FF as it’ll help give you better indicators. My guess is your O is delayed from being sick. 

Post # 679
534 posts
Busy bee

larissakay :  Thanks!

OMG. The pic of my CM between my fingers was removed! Is it too much for wedding bee to take on, or what? Should I repost? I just really want to know if its EWCM or not!

Post # 680
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

greywacke :  I remember it lol, it looked thicker/globbier than most EWCM I’ve seen but it definitely looked fertile to me πŸ˜‰ …I would not repost it though

Post # 681
534 posts
Busy bee

hafh2016 :  got a blazing positive opk today!! πŸ™‚ and some more vagina boogers too lol. thanks! 

Post # 682
761 posts
Busy bee

NicoleLyn1218 :  welcome!

wineandthings :  CD13 is possible. Can you plug your temps into FF, it’s so much easier with that app because it gives you crosshairs so takes the guesswork out a little bit.

sassybeee :  welcome! have you recently came off of HBC which might be causing these long cycles? It’s good you started temping early so you can try some vitamins and supplements to lengthen your LP, increase EWCM, etc.

NicoleLyn1218 :  yay for O!

Post # 683
761 posts
Busy bee

greywacke :  not a positive OPK, but those boogers sure are EWCM, get to BDing πŸ˜‰

FoolsintheRain :  they’re steady so hopefully you’ll O soon now that you’re feeling better

Post # 684
1283 posts
Bumble bee

feedthebeags :  

larissakay :  thanks ladies. Do I have to worry about a shorter lp and less chance of conceiving if I o late? Charting is so new to me. Dd was a let’s try one time and done and I’m hopeless naive and even more hopelessly worried after a mc in Jan. 

Post # 685
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

FoolsintheRain :  Nope — if you ovulate late your period will just be late — LP should be within a day or two of your normal each month.

And you’re fine with late O on the fertility side too. I looked into it for a while since I tend to ovulate CD22 (or later when I’m really unlucky) and I couldn’t find any studies that showed a significant difference in success per cycle based on ovulation day. Long or irregular cycles aren’t fun, but they don’t really lower your chances per cycle.

Post # 686
1283 posts
Bumble bee

larissakay :  thanks for the peace of mind! You gals are the best! 

Post # 687
761 posts
Busy bee

FoolsintheRain :  I don’t think late O is concerning as long as you BD during your FW, LP is what you need to watch for. How long is it?

Post # 688
1283 posts
Bumble bee

feedthebeags :  so I’m not really sure. This is cycle 4 trying. Had a mc at 5.5 weeks on Cycle two. Cycle 3 I used opks but didn’t count my lp days since it was first cycle post mc. So this is the first cycle I’m tracking. I’ve never tracked before. I don’t even know for certainty how long my cycles are. Just bd Ed or eod until I get a temp rise. Just wasn’t sure if a late 2 day late o on a 30 day cycle would shorten my lp by 2 days for example. 

Post # 689
1283 posts
Bumble bee

Part of my uncertainty is that dd is 2 years old and just weaned so until we started trying we just used condoms and I didn’t think too closely about my cycle. I used opks cycle 2 and got preg but lost it. Cycle 3 opks again and af came 12 days later I think? But I’m not sure how much of that was a normal cycle since it was post early mc and I didn’t temp. So much uncertainty! And now with some bad temping due to parenthood and gastro haha. I’m just feeling desperate now that we are trying and really want to do as much as I can. Total type a πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 690
761 posts
Busy bee

FoolsintheRain :  Type A here as well so I understand πŸ˜‰I think your LP should be fine,  especially since you got pregnant before and it stuck for long enough that I don’t think you should worry. Definitely try to temp through to AF just to see how your cycle fully plays out (unless you get your BFP).

I’m in full BD mode here myself so keeping my FX we are getting it right this time. Last cycle was right after MC so I ended up O three days later than I should have and we only hit one day πŸ™„

How’s your CM looking? Did you use any more OPKs?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors