Charters of the Hive – #102

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 841
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

sensoda :  yeah it already moved it a day later this morning after I put in my temp. It’s pretty annoying when it starts to assume things I know are wrong, even though it’s just an algorithm or whatever. 

Post # 842
1851 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

jbirdlee1015 :  yes I’ve had it do that to me before. It’s frustrating but then I just like to think “we’ll at least I’m still smarter than a machine”

Post # 844
15 posts
Newbee

Hey guys sorry for the long comments but I’m curious if any of yous can help me (any that have followed my comments as well) ive just done some investigating into my cycle b4 I fell pregnant but it was accidental but not prevented. So I wasn’t tracking anything other then my periods n I didn’t no anything I do now.

But I stopped the pill february I had been on it all my life. I continued to have monthly periods til June which was my last one but I didn’t fall til the end of august/September. So therefore a 3 month gap cycle obviously late ovulation I had her 24th of may. 

The cycle that I got back after birth in October then didn’t get them til January again 3 months.

Since I been tracking as some will no I have had two ovulation dates now but still no period.

My question is is it possible for my body to be trying to ovulate every month hence the signs then not being successful til the 3rd time it tries? 

I hope that’s not a stupid question but just seems like 3 months seems to be the go, I’ll obviously know cause I should get my periods next week if I did ovulate the other day but if not then i still have a chance but I’m gonna buy a hole heap of kits and try for insemination again, was thinking of just waiting for this cycle to be over but not if I still have a chance! 

Post # 845
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

So thought I’d come to update, and also ask a bit of a Too Much Information question ๐Ÿ˜‚

I had a really good talk with my husband last week because I was feeling a bit down about the whole thing, as I’d posted on here. I didn’t quite realise how stressed he was getting with it, he really thought it would just happen straight away (like it did with almost everyone we know) and I think because the only couple we know who didn’t conceive straight away took almost two years it’s really got to him. He said he didn’t realise just how much he wanted a baby until we started trying. He struggles with anxiety anyway, and I think this has been really triggering for him. So we agreed I’d stop temping and opkso for a few months to try and chill on the whole thing so we don’t feel even worse if/when it doesn’t happen. 

So…the only thing I’ve been doing for the last week or so is keeping an eye on my CM. And that’s where the question comes in! I’ve been keeping a track of it on it using femometer and it moved my O day to CD 17 (I think because I logged watery CM around Sunday (CD14). Now, O has been CD 20 for the last couple months, so I think it just moved it because of that.

The watery CM on CD 14 was the first time I’ve noticed it without trying to (sorry for the TMI), but I’ve noticed it’s slightly EW yesterday and today (CD19). I thought that CM goes after ovulation, and so am thinking it either hasn’t happened yet or is happening now, but I haven’t got a clue. 

I also realise asking this isn’t completely chilling on the whole thing ๐Ÿ˜‚ but my husband doesn’t know I’m keeping an eye on CM and I do feel a lot more relaxed about not temping and doing opk’s. 

Post # 846
3545 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

Hi, everyone! Just doing an update on our IVF consultation earlier this week. I was a mix of emotions directly afterward, while my husband was excited to get the ball rolling, but now that I’ve had the chance to process a bit, I am feeling more excited about the chance at finally becoming pregnant and starting our family! It’s just a lot to wrap my mind around (holy science!). Our next steps are scheduling my husband’s surgery to repair the varicocele and the simultaneous biopsy that will be used to (hopefully) harvest some usable sperm for IVF and diagnose the cause of his sperm production issue. I’m hoping and praying that they find something we can freeze and use for ICSI/IVF! My plan is to wait until this summer before we get started with anything on my end, as I have a lot of work events this spring, we’re traveling in May, and I have a conference in June that I’m involved in planning. July or later would be ideal because work will be much more calm then, so it will be easier to be flexible for monitoring and take time off for the retrieval. Please pray for us or send positive thoughts our way! I so desperately want to have a baby in our arms in 2020.

Post # 847
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

cyprusbride18 :  I don’t know femometer but I would guess that it’ll move your O date because of the EWCM. EWCM is a pretty good sign that you’re fertile so it sounds like you’ll O around day 20 again.

Post # 848
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

ladyvictoria :  it’s great that you have a better idea of the plan now and can make it work around your work etc. How soon will your husband”s surgery be? I hope it goes well!

Post # 849
623 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

Hey ladies! So here I am in my TWW @8dpo and I’m getting a little discouraged… my temps went up a little bit the first few days but have mostly remained steady since, so I’m starting to not feel very hopeful that I’ll be getting a BFP undecided I got my very clear BFP at 10 DPO with my son, so I was hoping that I’d at least maybe have a squinter this morning but nada… Is it possible/common to have implantation this late? Trying to still hold out hope.

Post # 850
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

sensoda :  thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m still 3rd cycle off BC so it could be that it’s shortening. How noticeable should CM be? Femometer asks if it’s light, medium or heavy, and I can take a guess at how it is in comparison to what seems ”normal” but I feel like there should be more than what I’m noticing with the exception of a couple of times when it’s been really noctiable if that makes sense? 

Post # 851
3545 posts
Sugar bee

sensoda :  Thanks! We’re waiting to hear back from his urologist’s office to schedule the surgery. 

Post # 852
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

cyprusbride18 :  I have no idea what’s normal but for me it really varies. Some months I barely notice it, others it seems like there’s loads (like the month I get pregnant – don’t know if the fact that there was loads influenced my getting pregnant, it was only our second month trying).

If it’s EW though then it shouldn’t be happening after o!

Post # 853
1851 posts
Buzzing bee

JMer711 :  I think it can happen between 6-12dpo so it’s still early days for you yet. Good luck!

Post # 854
1517 posts
Bumble bee

JMer711 :  Usually after you implant it also takes a couple of days for hcg to be high enough for the pregnancy tests to detect it. It’s still very early, so best of luck! 

ladyvictoria :  Oh gosh I’m so happy for you that things are moving forward. So, so incredibly happy! It must feel so amazing to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I have my fingers crossed and will be praying for you!

On my end, I just had a chemical pregnancy. I went to see my doctor to see if I could get any basic testing done, and he actually refused to do hormonal bloodwork (to check my progesterone levels). He didn’t even really want to talk about my luteal phase, he just said “your cycles are 30 days, that’s normal.” It left a bad taste in my mouth because what if I had told him I O on cd25 and my LP is 5 days? That’s still a 30 day cycle, but that’s not good. Anyways, luckily my LP is 12 days which is still a good length so hopefully I have nothing to worry about. He agreed to send me for basic bloodwork (thyroid, blood suger, etc), and he also is sending me for an ultrasound. He told me I can go any time, but my plan is to go during my luteal phase because after 2 losses, I want to at least make sure my uterine lining is thick enough or something. When do you guys think I should go? Around 7 or 8dpo? What a rollercoaster!

Post # 855
3545 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  Thank you, love! I’m cautiously optimistic. Our journey has had some major setbacks, so I’m afraid to get my hopes up about anything anymore… Just guarding my heart, I guess. There’s a chance that they may not find anything usable from the biopsy, although our urologist feels hopeful based on my husband’s FSH level being below 25. If they do find usable sperm, then there’s still so many steps to go… how many eggs will they retrieve, how many will fertilize, grow to day 5 blastocysts to be implanted… will it implant successfully and grow to be baby that we take home? And if they don’t find anything usable then we have to wait for him to recover from surgery and give new sperm time to develop (3 months) before going in again. 

I’m so sorry about your chemical and the way your doctor is approaching testing. That’s why it’s so important to read up and know how your body is supposed to work, so you can advocate for yourself. I wish you the best moving forward. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!    

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors