Charters of the Hive – #102

posted 12 months ago in TTC
Post # 886
294 posts
Helper bee

jbirdlee1015 :  Yeah, I do want to go back to work ASAP but going to school seems like the best plan right now. My current job wouldn’t really work with starting a family anyways – my schedule is too erratic. Not having any maternity pay does seem scary as well, but we are determined to make it work πŸ™‚

Post # 887
3541 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

How’s everyone doing? Hanging in there I hope. Yesterday was CD1 for me and I called to start my testing at the IVF center. I have CD3 blood work and a baseline ultrasound tomorrow morning and then next Friday morning is my HSG. I’m super nervous for that! My appointment to go over the results isn’t until May! Everything seems to be moving so slowly now. We still don’t have my husband’s surgery and biopsy scheduled because we get a different story every time the urologist’s office calls us. I just pray that they find usable sperm when it does finally happen otherwise we’ll have to wait months to go in again and see if the surgery helped his production at all. Pray for me, Bees!  

Post # 888
2663 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ladyvictoria :  Good luck with your tests in the next week and I hope you get answers on a definitive plan for D-H soon!

Post # 889
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

livster :  THanks so much! They just let me know that I do have an infection so I have to take 5 weeks of antibiotics 😬 But that should help. It’s not the infection they thought I would have based in my symptoms, so I’m just really hoping there’s nothing else wrong. I’m sorry your cycle is being wonky after the cp. Drink all the wine, and hopefully next cycle will come soon so you can get progesterone prescribed if you need it.

ladyvictoria :  Sending you lots of love! Hope these next appointments go super well and that time flies for you. 

AFM I started my period today, boo, but my LP was FOURTEEN days long!! That’s the longest it’s ever been in my life. I’m so happy the progesterone suppositories seem to be helping.

Post # 890
3541 posts
Sugar bee

MrsFairyBee :  Thanks, I hope so too! All of this waiting is too much… 

catmom17 :  Thank you, I appreciate that! And congrats on your long LP! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 891
1477 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  Keeping my fingers crossed so tight for you that they find some spermies! Any reason why the results appointment is only in May? That’s so far away!

livster :  I’m sorry your cycle is being wonky πŸ™ My LP after my first miscarriage was totally messed up as well. Lots of spotting and it was shorter than normal. It might just take some time for things to go back to normal. It’s great that your OB is willing to do the progesterone bloodwork for you!

catmom17 :  Sorry about AF showing up, but14 days is a fantastic LP!  

Post # 892
294 posts
Helper bee

AF is due tomorrow and I’ve had cramps for the last 5 days πŸ™ I caved and tested today: BFN.

To top it off, I’ve had a bad migraine since this morning and my building has been testing fire alarms all day. While I was trying to sleep in preparation for a night shift! Ugh! I hope you are all having a better day!

ladyvictoria :  I’ve been following your posts and I wish you all the best as you begin your tests and wait for your husband’s procedure. I’m glad you have good doctors and are advocating for yourself. I hope you get a timeline soon.

hopfenn :  I was sorry to read about your losses and I hope you get your sticky baby really soon!!

Post # 893
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

ladyvictoria :  praying for you! I know it feels a long time but it’s almost April now, so May will be here before you know it. Hope you manage to sort things out of your husbands appointment, how frustrating that it’s dragging on.

catmom17 :  hope the antibiotics sort you out quickly! But yay for a long lp.

rosabelle :  ugh fire alarm tests when trying to sleep are such a pain. Hope you still. Managed to get some rest in spite of it all.

Post # 894
3541 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  I appreciate that! Thank you πŸ™‚ That was our RE’s first available appointment. I could have met with another doctor a week or so earlier, but I didn’t want to do that. 

rosabelle :  Aww thanks so much! I hope so too. And I hope you start feeling better soon. It sounds like you had a rough day!

sensoda :  Thanks so much! I know that the time will fly, but everything feels like it has a long wait attached to it. Booked our first consultation two months out, still trying to schedule the surgery and biopsy (hubby’s going in person TODAY), can’t get results until May… and I still get sad with every period I get. This has been quite the challenge. 

Post # 895
1477 posts
Bumble bee

rosabelle :  Thank you, I hope so too!! Sorry to hear about your BFN πŸ™

ladyvictoria :  That’s a good call! You had a hard time finding a good doctor so it’s best to wait it out and stick with the good one. 

Post # 896
3541 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  Absolutely. It’s best to stick with one person I think, rather than seeing someone else who doesn’t fully know what’s going on. We got the surgery and biopsy scheduled for the end of next month! 

Post # 897
1477 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  That’s fantastic!! How is your husband feeling in all of this? It must be really hard on him too, but it seems like you’re an amazing support to each other!

Post # 898
3541 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  Honestly I think he’s been ready to get things going so he was disappointed that they couldn’t get him in any sooner. I know that this is causing him a great deal of stress on top of some other stressful things we’re going through, so it hasn’t been easy for either of us. But he’s talking about his feelings more, which is great! 

This whole journey has been a huge lesson in letting go and trying my best to have faith that things will work out the way they’re meant to. To throw in more complications, I’m currently interviewing for a new job. I could stick it out in my current job, but I’m underpaid and don’t see any advancement opportunities on the horizon, and the environment is incredibly toxic and I don’t feel motivated. The ONLY benefit to staying would be that we could move forward with IVF as soon as possible. This new job is also with the state so has the same insurance, has a small team of people who seem kind and super family oriented (I creeped them on Facebook), and the salary is more in line with what I should be making. But that would mean delaying moving forward with IVF so that I can prove myself, make sure the switch in insurance is straightened out, and also be there long enough to be eligible for Paid Family Leave. I know I don’t have it in the bag yet, so I may not have any decision to make, but it is weighing on me… It’s just another thing to let go of and pray for the best outcome. 

Post # 899
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hi everyone! I am so confused by my chart and not sure where else to turn. Hoping you all may be able to help. To provide some background, I am very irregular and had to use clomid to conceive my son. In January, I stopped breastfeeding with hopes my period would return and sure enough I ovulated 20 days later but no such luck on the BFP front. This month, I had EWCM days 20-23 but no positive OPK (although it was close I was testing 2-3 times a day so I don’t think I missed my surge). EWCM started again days 26-30 but again no Positive OPK (they have been very light, not even close). At this point I’m on day 33 and I am thinking I should just start the script for provera my dr provide so I can start clomid but FF is throwing me for a loop with these cross hairs it put up on my chart. I am not convinced I actually ovulated and instead think it’s an anovulatory cycle. Was hoping to get some thoughts before starting the Provera. So appreciative if you’ve even made it through this long winded post. 

Post # 900
1662 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  Glad they have a date booked for the biopsy and surgery. Congrats on the potential for a new job opportunity, sounds like a great place to work with many benefits. I hope you’ll continue to keep us updated with everything!!

rosabelle :  Sorry for the BFN :(, hope you have a late positive and those cramps are implantation related!

catmom17 :  Boo AF but that’s a wonderful LP!!!! Hope the antibiotics kick that infection ASAP! That’s really frustrating about the adenomyosis not being able to be diagnosed without a hysterectomy. Can they rule everything else out in the meantime? Is it possible that they didn’t get everything from your endo during the lap?

JMer711 :  Sorry for the temp drop, hopefully this cycle is it for you!

livster :  Ugh, sorry for the wonky LP post-CP, that is beyond frustrating. Did AF actually show?

hopfenn :  How’s this cycle treating you chicky? I see you’re in the TWW- FX!!!

purplepie45 :  Hmm… it is a bit hard to tell. With OPKs, some people don’t ever truly get positives even though they are ovulating so that’s not a huge deal on it’s own. What are your Post-O temps typically like? I would hold off on the provera for a bit and just see what happens in the next couple of weeks. When did you stop breastfeeding? I also needed clomid to conceive my daughter and while my cycles became regular after I stopped BFing, I had 3 cycles with great timing and no BFPs, I think my hormones were still regulating themselves, and prolactin can also prevent pregnancy even in somewhat small concentrations. We had to TTA for 3 cycles following that but I tracked my cycles, and the first TTC cycle back we got our BFP, so a lot different than our journey for our first. I’d say, give it some time for your body to regulate itself before going to the meds route!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors