Charters of the Hive – #102

posted 12 months ago in TTC
Post # 901
3529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

MrsMellyBean :  Thank you, I will keep everyone posted, it’s just going to be a while. All I can do is take things day by day. Hope and pray that I get the job, then hope and pray that they find usable sperm in the biopsy… Both of those things will impact whether or not we’ll dive right in to IVF. It all feels out of my hands… I mean obviously I’m preparing for the interview as best I can, but everything else is definitely out of my hands. 

Post # 902
1470 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMellyBean :  You’re so sweet for staying involved here and checking in on everyone. Really, I appreciate it so much! I’m doing well! I’m 4dpo today and I’m feeling good 😀 I don’t know why, but I just feel really positive about this cycle. I’m feeling less obsessive about TTC so overall I just feel more relaxed. The first time I got pregnant we found out right before Christmas, and if I get pregnant this cycle I’d be due a few weeks before Christmas. I’m normally not superstitious at all but I like the poetry of that! How are you doing??

ladyvictoria :  Sounds like a difficult situation, but overall it also sounds like this new job will be better for you and your family once you do have your baby. When is your interview going to be?

purplepie45 :  To me, your temps look like they’re on the lower end range. They resemble my pre-o temps a little bit. Maybe you just haven’t ovulated yet? My miscarriage was really early (5w4d), but my hormones still were out of whack for a few months before they returned to normal, so it’s possible your body just needs more time to regulate and figure itself out. As for the crosshairs, I think FF is probably confused because you don’t have too many temps at the start of your cycle to help it out, which might be one reason why they are dotted. Like MrsMellyBean said, I would hold off on the medication and just see if things go back to normal on their own soon! You might just ovulate late!

Post # 903
3529 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  Difficult indeed. I was given a choice of dates and I’m waiting to get it confirmed but I’m hoping April 2nd. One of the dates was as soon as tomorrow but I wanted more time to prepare! 

Post # 904
1470 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  More time to prepare is definitely a good call! I was also always a fan of interviewing towards the end of the interviews (if there are multiple candidates), because then you’re the freshest in the employer’s mind when they’re making their considerations!

Post # 905
3529 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  Absolutely! I do the same 🙂 

Post # 906
1214 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  Good luck with the interview! Also, when is your HSG?

hopfenn :  🤞🤞🤞

MrsMellyBean :  Thanks for checking in – how are you doing? 

Based on AF-style cramping and CP I’ve decided to call today CD1, although I’ve been spotting continuously for 12 days, so I can’t be certain.  If I’m still spotting in 3-4 days, I will check in with my OB but I am just happy to feel like this is a new cycle – I was feeling really stuck knowing I was out due to the spotting but still forced to wait almost the full 2 weeks (spotting started at 4DPO) to start again.

I’ve decided I’m going to try and be more positive and optimistic this cycle – I feel like I’ve been really negative the past couple months. With that in mind, I’ve come up with a few ways a BFP this cycle would be perfect: I won’t have 2 November babies (ultimately my laziness would have led to shared birthday celebrations), the timing of maternity leave would be great because family could come for the holidays and stay to help (instead of having to make 2 trips or 1 really long trip), my husband currently commutes ~1.5 hours to work but starting next Jan he’ll be working closer to home so he’d be home earlier during the week.  I also looked at estimated due dates and this cycle would be on my brother’s birthday; my brother is one of my favorite people in the world so this feels auspicious.

Obviously none of that means I’ll actually get a BFP this month, but I’m trying to look at this as “reasons why this cycle is the perfect time” rather than feeling bad about previous cycles.  We’ll see if I can keep this up, but I’ll try!

Post # 907
3529 posts
Sugar bee

livster :  Thank you! My HSG is Friday. 

And I know it’s tough, but you’re doing a great job of focusing on the positives! It’s so much easier said than done. My fingers are crossed for you!

Post # 908
1470 posts
Bumble bee

livster :  Those are all awesome reasons to look forward to a BFP! I love finding reasons like that. One of mine was that our family could come visit us for the holidays and we’d have a 2 week old (give or take). Another one was that I could buy all the cute holiday onesies for some awesome “1st christmas” pictures, and when my kid is older we could do a hot chocolate bar for birthdays! Hoping AF comes full force for you soon so you can get started on a new cycle! <3 

Post # 909
2663 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

purplepie45 :  It could be anovulatory or a late O, only time will tell unfortunately. It sounds like your body geared up to O but didn’t quite get there a time or two, I’ve experienced that in the past. It might get there yet or AF will come. I wouldn’t medicate yet either, sometimes these wonky cycles happen. I’ve experienced both an anovulatory cycle and also a late O on CD35 when I got pregnant with D-D. Hang in there, and trust the OPKs.

Post # 910
1661 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  Best of luck on Friday. I’m sure everything will look perfect!

hopfenn :  Aww I love that, fingers crossed that you get to take home a sweet little Christmas rainbow! Those temps keep going up! Best of luck. When will you test?

livster :  Ugh sorry you’re still dealing with some confusion in all of this, that must be frustrating. Did the spotting stop? I love all of those reasons why this new cycle are great for a BFP! I hope that your positive thinking results in a sweet LO!

Post # 911
1470 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMellyBean :  Unfortunately I didn’t get to temp today because I’ve been having insomnia for the past few nights. I’ve never had this before and it’s incredibly annoying! 2 nights ago I was up for a few hours but managed to sleep for 2 hours before temping so that was fine, but last night I was awake from like 3am until my alarm rang at 6, so I didn’t even bother. Hopefully I can get a good sleep tonight to see if my temps are rising! I’m thinking of just testing at 10dpo. I get too stressed out trying to force myself to wait for 12dpo, so I decided to just take it easy and test if I feel like testing! That’ll be March 31st 🙂

Post # 912
3529 posts
Sugar bee

MrsMellyBean :  Thanks! I hope so, I’m just nervous about the cramping… 

Post # 913
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ladyvictoria :  Best of luck with the interview, I’m sure everything will work out with your job and insurance and timing of all your procedures. That’s a lot to be dealing with, you can do this! I hope it helps thinking about how far behind you’d be in all of this if you’d actually waited a full year to get help.

livster :  Sorry about your days and days of spotting, that sucks to feel out so early. I’m totally with you on the trying to stay positive front, for me I keep feeling like this would be THE ideal month (I honestly have no qualms about a December baby, maybe I would in a few years if it happens!) and now I’m feeling the pressure but I’m trying to remind myself a few months won’t make much of a difference in the end, every month would be good for various reasons like you said!

I was hoping to have a fun week of BDing but life just gets in the way… my body decided to not O on time and I’m just now getting fertile CM on CD16, of course on the day my parents are stopping by for the evening on a road trip, ugh. Last night due to various stresses making me feel super negative about everything nothing happened and I feel like I missed an opportunity because my FW can be so short. 

hopfenn : I’ve been having some insomnia myself for the last few months. Because I get home a bit late and then drink a lot of water with a late dinner I often have to get up early to use the bathroom, but sometimes I just wake up for no reason – either way I usually can’t fall back asleep. So I’ve taken to just temping anytime I wake up now, at least the first time it’s usually after a solid block of sleep. Lots of open circles but the trends seem to still be there. Good luck with testing!!

Post # 914
1470 posts
Bumble bee

jbirdlee1015 :  That’s a good idea – to just temp as soon as I wake up. If I wake up at 3am I can temp, and if I manage to fall asleep I can always re-temp at my usual time. You’re a smart cookie! That’ll probably help me fall asleep again because I’ve been getting anxious that my temps would be messed up, which makes me less likely to fall asleep!

Post # 915
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

hopfenn :  🤓Thanks! It does feel a bit obsessive to always remember but yeah, I’m way more likely to fall back asleep if I take my temp to avoid being anxious about it. I haven’t had the prettiest charts but it seems to do the trick overall.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors