Charters of the Hive – #102

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 3
3545 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

MrsMellyBean :  Just 12 days away! I can’t believe how quickly the time is flying by. There’s no way I would have left my job if I wasn’t going to have the same insurance. And I recently learned from HR that because I’m moving from one state employer to another, I get to keep my same plan and everything just switches over with no delays. So we can move forward with my husband’s rescheduled surgery and biopsy in June and don’t have to re-do any of our testing up until this point! I’m so glad!

Post # 3
1513 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMellyBean :  I’m feeling okay! A bit anxious, to be honest. I got my betas back and the were 190 at 15dpo, and 378 at 17dpo. That’s a doubling time of just over 48 hours. That has me a bit nervous as I’ve seen so many posts on here and on reddit of betas doubling closr to 30-some hours. One doctor did tell me they look for an increase of 60% in 48 hours though, and mine was like 98% so it’s pretty much almost there. I used my last FRER today and it didn’t leave me feeling super confident so I’m not too sure how I feel right now! I hate the waiting game.

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

MrsMellyBean :  I probably won’t test unless I have blaring symptoms or AF is super late. lol.  One Mama has been trying since January, and the other two are NTNP starting this month.  So nothing super involved yet.  How are you feeling?? How far along are you now?

Post # 3
309 posts
Helper bee

hopfenn :  Congrats on your BFP!! I hope you’re doing well and that this is your sticky baby 🙂 You deserve it!

SeaOfLove :  I hope you’re TTW is going well. How exciting to be NTNP already! I hope your TTC journey is quicker this time around. 

As for me, I’ve started school and am feeling so good about not working shiftwork anymore. I love having a regular sleep pattern and I wake up with energy every day. It’s amazing the difference good sleep can make! I’m hoping this will help with TTC as well. Darling Husband went to the doc yesterday and got a refferal for a SA and a blood test to check his testosterone level. I’m glad he’s as eager as I am to start looking into our fertility! Hopefully he can get an appointment soon. My own visit to the doc went okay but she wants to wait for my husband’s SA before doing any tests for me besides an ultrasound. 

I’m about 11pdo right now and I caved and tested this morning – BFN. It’s getting frustrating as this is month 7 for us, but I’m trying to stay positive. Now that I’m sleeping normally I am planning to start charting again, so I’m looking forward to that.

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper

rosabelle :  I’m glad your sleep is back on track and you’re in a good place!  Let us know how the SA goes.  I’m sorry about your BFN.  I really hope you get your BFP soon <3  

AFM, I was feeling pretty eager about this cycle, but this morning (11 dpo) my bbt plummeted… so just waiting for AF.  I’m feeling pretty shitty about this on top of my new job prospects, or lack there of.  I officially reached the 10 month point of looking for a new job yesterday, and that’s how long it took me from the time I started applying for jobs to get an offer last time… So I’m feeling pretty hopeless.  I hate this feeling of envy when people just find and get their dream jobs or they can just will themselves pregnant.  I try my best not to feel that way, but I think it’s all coming crashing down at once at the same time as my PMS.

I posted on a local Working Moms Facebook page the other day about maternity leave with a new job since I’m on month 10 of finding a new job and it took us 9 months to get pregnant last time.  I explained this all in the post, and some woman had the audacity to tell me to stop looking for a job, and wait until after maternity leave… I’m like, “Okay, cool, so if it takes me a year to get pregnant, I won’t miss out on anything.” *eyeroll*  I basically told her, that at this rate, I wouldn’t find a new job for another 2 years AT LEAST if I waited to get pregnant and have a baby before finding a new job, and that would only be if something worked out for me fairly quickly.

Post # 3
309 posts
Helper bee

SeaOfLove :  Aww, I’m sorry you had to defend yourself against that sort of comment. It seems people often don’t understand that TTC can take time! My own mother commented that she can’t imagine anyone having trouble getting pregnant because it was so easy for her. Ugh. Personally, I have debated whether to wait a few months in order to line things up better with my studies, but we don’t want to wait any longer since we’re already in our 30s and we don’t know how this is going to go … At least if we keep TTC we can get tests done and if we do need treatment we can plan for it.

What field do you work in? Finding a new job can definitely be a long process! My husband has been going through it for a while now.

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper

rosabelle :  I totally know what you mean by considering waiting… I think that’s been the hardest part about deciding when to TTC for #2.  We know what a struggle it was last time.  What if we need testing?  It’s all a crapshoot.  Last time when we were TTC, I confided in my mom and asked how long it took her to get pregnant the two times they planned it, and she said, “Not long enough.” Because they got pregnant the first try every time.  I was like “cooooooooool,” knowing I would love for that to be my situation over the alternative.

I’m in environmental science and outreach – more non-profit, education, or government sector.  The positions here are very few and far between.  I applied for two jobs last week, and that was like hitting the jackpot, since I’ve only been able to apply for 6 since the beginning of the year (including those two).  I’ve been volunteering, setting up networking meetings, and took on some publishing work in the evenings in environmental science and STEM writing/fact-checking to stay relevant since my current job has nothing to do with my field.  It’s exhausting with a 13-month old at home too.

Post # 3
1220 posts
Bumble bee

SeaOfLove :   hopfenn :   MrsMellyBean :  Thank you ladies, you are all so sweet!  The rollercoaster continues.  There was a heartbeat during our appointment on Friday, so that is the good news. The not so good news is that it was pretty slow, although my daughter’s HB was also quite slow when I was checked at ~6 weeks for her.  The bad news is that there is still a pretty good chance of miscarriage – I made a stupid mistake of Googling my situation (very slow rising hCG) and the vast majority of women experienced CPs but even those who got to see a heartbeat often had MMCs.  I have another appointment scheduled in 9 days and at that point if there is progression, I will start to “officially” receive prenatal care (up until now my appointments have been booked as ultrasound + D&C and we just postpone the D&C).  So yeah, its still a lot of limbo.  Now that the symptoms have started, its really hard to remain emotionally detached, which I had succeeded in doing till now.  Whenever I talked about this to my husband, I called it “my situation” or would say “IF I am pregnant”, but now I find myself thinking about a potential baby – another grandchild for our parents, a sibling for my daughter – which makes me so much more scared if things go south.  Anyway, I try not to think too much about it and just get through daily life, which is enough of a challenge.  These symptoms + a toddler are no joke!

Post # 3
1220 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMellyBean :  Are you going to find out the sex at the anatomy scan? Can’t believe you are almost halfway! I remember when you were just a wee charter 😛

hopfenn :  How are your numbers? Any other updates? I am crossing everything for you!!

ladyvictoria :  Where is your vacation? Somewhere warm?  We haven’t had even a hint of summery weather here yet, so I’m dreaming about warm summer evenings, short sleeves and open toes all the time!

rosabelle :  Hope the SA brings good news.

SeaOfLove :  I’m sorry Bee – about the dropped temperature, the limited job prospects and the obtuse people giving you unhelpful feedback!  I can imagine it isn’t easy to find a good role – a lot of funding has been cut in the US (not sure where you are) so a lot of positions have disappeared in the past few years.  I have a friend who is an environmental engineer who looked for a year before finding a good role.  I hope something crops up soon and while you wait, I hope you have ways to distract yourself from all the waiting.  I know all about toddlers (my daughter is 18 months now) so I’m sure you are super busy!

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper

livster :  I’m so sorry you haven’t received any clear answers yet… I’m still trying to hold out hope for you.  <3

Thank you for your kind words.  I am in the US, so it’s pretty evident that the political climate is reducing the funding for these types of positions.  My 13 month old is really a great distraction!  She’s now a steady walker, really understanding htings (like handing me her shoes to put on her so we can go outside!), and she’s teething like crazy, so a huge Mama’s girl right now.  She got 3 molars and a canine in two weeks, and has at least 1 more canine trying to cut through.  It’s crazy!

Thinking of you, darling <3 

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper

Anyone ever have this happen before? I expected another low temp and have been waiting on AF… I figured since I hadn’t seen AF yet, she would come today in my 3rd low bbt, but alas… Now I’m confused. I’m still anticipating a low bbt tomorrow, but whaaaat??

Post # 3
3545 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

livster :  We’re going back to Bermuda. We went there for our first anniversary and fell in love with it. Our weather situation is the same, we’ve had way more rain and cold weather than normal. So I’m looking forward to the warmth, sun, and fun! Today is CD1 so while I’m miserable now, I’m grateful that AF is here today and not tagging along on vacation lol 

Post # 3
1513 posts
Bumble bee

livster :  I’m glad to hear there’s still a chance! ♥ I hope your appointment in 9 days go well! Time just passes by so slowly, doesn’t it? 

My numbers were okay! 190 at 15dpo, and then 378 and 17dpo. They almost exactly doubled in 48 hours which had me a bit worried because that’s a bit slower than I’ve seen on here/on reddit, but my doctor said it was good. I’m getting a dating ultrasound hopefully soon (the hospital should call to schedule it next week) so I’m kind of nervous for that! I was hoping to have that done before next Friday but that seems unlikely now, which is too bad. Our friends are all coming over for a BBQ next weekend and we kind of wanted to tell them then, but I’m on the fence about sharing before I’ve seen a heartbeat. So that’s where I’m at!

Post # 3
309 posts
Helper bee

livster :  I’m so sorry you’re stuck in limbo. It sounds impossible not to get emotionally attached; your approach of taking it day by day and not overthinking seems like the best approach, but must be hard to do! Praying for you.

SeaOfLove :  It sounds like your job search requires a lot of patience and persistence! My husband was laid off a few years ago and ended up going back to school (to learn a different branch of engineering). He’s applied to many, many jobs over the past year. He fortunately found one quickly but has continued to apply … we’re hoping he’ll find something where I’m going to school so we don’t have to live apart during the week anymore while he’s working in another city! It definitely makes TTC a little trickier 😀 I’m not sure what to make of your chart … how strange!

ladyvictoria :  Sorry about AF. Glad you have a sunny vacation to look forward to! It’s been miserable where I am as well.

As for me, AF started this morning. I’m happy to be moving onto the the next cycle and I don’t feel as disappointed as I usually do on CD1. My husband’s SA is scheduled for June 15, which is a bit of a wait but at least it’s on the horizon! He has a blood test scheduled this weekend to check his testosterone. I’m also grateful that at least these steps to look into fertility are covered by provincial healthcare. Fingers crossed that we don’t need to go to far down that road!

Post # 3
6329 posts
Bee Keeper

rosabelle :  Omg!  The logistics of living apart and TTC would be so hard. I really hope he finds something soon!  FX for both of you <3 I really hope you get your BFP this next cycle.

At this point, I’m trying not to read into my chart until I get my temp tomorrow.  But it’s soooo hard not to. lol.  I’m just bracing myself for AF so I won’t be too disappointed again.  I literally just came to terms last night that I was okay with AF showing up.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors