Charters of the Hive – #103

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 331
1516 posts
Bumble bee

Yessss AF showed up! I’m excited to get back to TTC! I had an 11 day LP this cycle which is fine because I expected a shorter LP after my MC. 

Now I’m just hoping I ovulate on time, but I’m mentally prepared for it to be a bit delayed. I’m just excited to TTC again! Taking a one cycle break was the best decision we made. It reminded me what it feels like to not be constantly obsessing, and that feels good! I feel like I can get back into this with a more positive mindset. 

rosabelle :  So sorry 🙁 Taking a break was the best thing we’ve done for my mental health. If you feel like you need it, then I say go for it! Maybe you could try NTNP for a cycle or so and see how you feel after that?

Post # 332
699 posts
Busy bee

candy11 :  omg I saw on the news, that was so scary. I hope you guys are ok. Didn’t realize you were TTA, we are as well!

SeaOfLove :  that’s so funny you say Maine because we were just discussing vacationing there with my husband. Trying to plan out logistics now since we’ve never been. Any recs? We’ll be going with baby in tow. 

Post # 333
699 posts
Busy bee

hopfenn :  we took a two month break after my first miscarriage and it definitely helped my mental health as well. FX for you this cycle!

Post # 336
113 posts
Blushing bee

Got a positive OPK today so I’m in a great mood. Honestly thought it was not going to happen for a few more months at least. A massive part of me thinks it is too good to be true and I’m not really ovulating but we will see. I just hope that it happens again next month when we start TTC.

Post # 337
164 posts
Blushing bee

This is my first month using OPKs, and I’m a bit confused as to how FF integrated that data with my BBTs to predict ovulation. My understanding is that OPKs precede ovulation by 12-36 hours, and temp rise follows ovulation by 24-48 hours. Since I had my only positive OPK on CD16 (around 12p), and a temp rise on CD19, I would have thought I ovulated on CD17. FF advanced mode predicts CD18. I know a one day difference doesn’t change much, but I’m trying to track my luteal phase length, and I’m also trying to figure out why with all of that OPK effort, FF just seems to default to a temp shift for prediction. Any insight?

b_QIyKPZ

Post # 338
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

stellate23 :  my understanding is that the temp rise is visible one day after ovulation, not two. Looking at your chart, you could argue cycle day 17, but I’d be more inclined to think CD 18. The opk is supposed to catch the LH surge, but there can be multiple surges and sometimes they are really short and easy to miss. 

Post # 339
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

I’m in the middle of my TWW (when I was first trying, I though TWW stood for “the waiting week” as I always mentally disregarded the first week of the literal phase and went slowly bonkers during the second week) 

Post # 340
164 posts
Blushing bee

hypersaurusrex :  Ah, that makes sense!  I could have sworn that my previous BBT charts were all predicting ovulation 2 days before temp jump, but looking back, about half do predict the day immediately before. Interesting. Good luck during your TWW!! That second week always does drag on.. I hope you can fill it with something fun this month.

Post # 341
309 posts
Helper bee

hopfenn :  SeaOfLove :  feedthebeags :  Thanks for the support, everyone! The BFN’s do get harder to take as the months go by. I’m on CD6 now and feeling optimistic again. AF started a couple of days later than I expected, so I think I must have miscalcutated my O date. I wasn’t charting at the time as I was out of town, and guessed based on a positive OPK. I talked to Darling Husband about NTNP and we decided on BD’ing more throughout the month rather than focussing just on my FW. But I am going to chart this time so I can confirm O. We also went to the doc to get his full SA results, and it turns out his sperm are above average in every category! I feel encouraged but am also wondering if there’s something wrong with me in that case … we’re just going to keep trying over the next few months though and if we pass the 1 year mark I’ll get on the waiting list for further tests.

Post # 343
3867 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

So, a bit of an update on my end. I got my positive OPK on the evening of July 2nd and again the morning of July 3rd. I’m not sure of my exact O date because I don’t chart, but I would assume it is between Weds evening and Thurs evening. My follicle at my scan on Monday, July 1st was at 21 mm, so it was primed to pop fairly soon, so I feel good with those dates, but know it could have been as late as Friday. 

I am currently 11-12 DPO and have had a negative test yesterday morning (and another that afternoon) and this morning using my first pee of the day. My gut is telling me it didn’t work. I’m expecting my period on the 20th, so we shall see. I feel a little fatigued, my stomach feels a little off (but we just got back from vacation, so it could be traveling), and I have a really gnarly headache today. Trying not to symptom spot. Darling Husband and I thought we saw a line in our pregnancy test yesterday right before we boarded our plane, so I held my pee for the next six hours with zero water, got home, tested again, but didn’t see a second line. We didn’t see a line on our test this morning, either, so I am just chocking it up to an evap line, but dang did our hopes get up.

Post # 345
871 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

hopfenn :  OPKs are always positive for me thanks to PCOS. I wish they worked because it would be nice to have more signs to track, but oh well. And yay for AF! I’m so glad taking a break was helpful for you. You are so strong. FX for good ovulation and a healthy, sticky baby. Where are you with your TSH and your RE currently? Hoping they are able to get you the treatment(s) you need for a healthy pregnancy. 

candy11 :  Yay ovulation! Looks like a good temp shift. I hope it stayed up for you with a good LP. 

sensoda :  Yeah, I got AF on CD27, but my temps and EWCM are still inconclusive. My period was more like the ones in my previous anovulatory cycles, so I’m going to assume no O or very weak O. 

SeaOfLove :  Sorry to hear that hon. Even though you’re “just” NTNP it’s stilll hard to get a BFN or AF. 

rosabelle :  I’m sorry this is turning out to be a long process for you. For my son, we stopped charting the month we got our BFP because I needed a break from the stress. Switiching to NTNP for a while may help your mental health. FX for you <3 

lou18 :  Positive OPK is a good sign! Are you temping to confirm O? 

stellate23 :  That looks like a normal space between your +OPK and your temp shift. FF defaults to temp shift since that is the only thing that can really confirm O. I’d go with CD18 since your temp shift is pretty clear. 

hypersaurusrex :  Good luck with the TWW! Are you planning to test warly or wait until AF is late?

MrsMeowton :  Sorry dear, that’s hard to get your hopes up. Are you planning to test again or wait and see if AF is late?

AFM, we decided to start NTNP! I’m really excitied even though I’m not Oing regularly. It helps me feel closer to TTC and hopefully getting our rainbow. Darling Husband is still wanting to avoid the days with the most fertile CM, but at least we’re able to be less careful. Hoping my appointment in August will give us some answers and/or places to start treatment. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors