Charters of the Hive – #103

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 406
699 posts
Busy bee

greywacke :  I didn’t see my doctor until 9 weeks so you should be fine. I will warn you though regarding taking a test in a few weeks, I read that sometimes the hcg is so high that you can get a bfn even though you’re pregnant. That’s what made me stop POAS with my pregnancy. 

Post # 407
558 posts
Busy bee

feedthebeags :  Whew. Thanks for telling me that. It would be quite a shock to see no lines out of the blue.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I was concerned because I have a history of PCOS and I’ve read that there is a higher risk of something going wrong due to associated low progesterone, which had me worried. Either way, I got a call from the Doctor’s office and someone cancelled so they can see me sooner than expected, which works perfectly. I’ve been quite anxious and I think I will feel so much better after getting bloodwork done and getting a number on hcG levels. 

I will stop updating on my status here now. Best wishes to everyone who is still in their TWW and those rolling onto the next cycle <3 

Post # 409
876 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

n00bee :  It’s good to be able to be at peace, even in bad circumstances. I saw your possible BFP on the August POAS board….congratulations!! Hoping it keeps getting darker quickly <3 And thanks, I at least knew that blue dye tests are the worst so I was prepared for the indent/dye run/evap situation. I still took it harder than I expected, but I also knew the chance for it being a BFN was high. 

SeaOfLove :  Thanks! 

Post # 410
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

catmom17 :  Thanks so much!  I’m crazy, so I tested on a wondfo at lunchtime on a rougly 4 hour hold and I actually saw a faint line.  With the CP, I never got even squinter on the wondfos, just light lines on frers…so I guess that’s promising, though I’m still finding it hard to believe it’s real.

Even knowing that blue dyes are unreliable…seeing something pop up and then having it turn out to not be a positive is such a slap :/

Post # 411
876 posts
Busy bee

n00bee :  That’s awesome! I hope it’s a sticky one ❤️ I’m still waiting on my period and currently trying to talk myself out of testing again. FF removed my crosshairs so I’m not sure if I’ve Od yet, but maybe around CD21 which would put me 7-8DPO now. Ugh the POAS addiction is real.

Post # 413
310 posts
Helper bee

greywacke :  Congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

n00bee :  Congrats – I hope those lines keep darkening up 🙂

catmom17 :  CD21 does look like a possibility to me. Sorry about your BFN. I’ve never seen so much as a hint of a line – I know I would get excited even knowing the test isn’t reliable.

SeaOfLove :  YAY for regular cycles and TTC just around the corner!!

AFM, I’m 9DPO and just hanging tight … I’m out of town and I don’t have any tests with me so there’s no temptation to test early. I’m heading out to see my parents this weekend (they will ask about TTC for sure as they know we’re trying – not really looking forward to that). If/when AF shows next week I will book my CD3 blood tests. Right now I’m feeling hopeful and impatient as always during the TWW.

Post # 415
114 posts
Blushing bee

Been counting down to start TTC no.2 for months, testing and tracking every single day. Now that I’m predicted to O in a week I’m starting to have a tiny bit of doubt creep in. WAY more excitement than doubt but it is still there. Did anyone else experience this when starting to TTC?

Post # 417
876 posts
Busy bee

rosabelle :  Thanks dear. I hate questionable lines for that very reason. I never had even a shadow before having my son, but since I’ve had 2 CPs since then I’m really stressy about possible faint lines. Not going to do that to myself again. 

SeaOfLove :  Af showed up for me today too! My current averages is 27 days so we may be cycle buddies in September. Hope the month flies by!

lou18 :  I am beyond ready to TTC again, but there are moments where I have sudden anxiety about the sleeplessness or other hard aspects about the newborn phase. I think it’s impossible to be naive about the newborn stage once you’ve had one already, so it’s easier to get stressed and worried. Plus there’s the worry about how baby #1 is going to take it, balancing 2 kids, etc. I feel like some doubt will always be there, but if you’re having more excitement and you are on paper ready for another you probably just have to go for it. 

Post # 418
114 posts
Blushing bee

catmom17 :   SeaOfLove :  Thank you so much for your advice Bees! I think you are right and I just have to bite the bullet. I had a very bad pregnancy with LO and chances are I will be in hospital for a lot of this pregnancy too. I feel guilt taking my time away from LO even though we want to give them a sibling and grow our family. The excitement is definitely there and knowing there are no guarantees of how long trying could take to conceive I will just have to focus on the good things!

Post # 419
310 posts
Helper bee

AF showed up today so I’m on to month 10 of TTC. I booked my CD3 bloodwork for Thursday morning, so it will be good to get that done. I need to schedule another ultrasound as well. I’m glad we’re getting testing done so soon but at the same time I hope we’re able to conceive naturally! I’m not ready to move on to medical intervention yet. There will be a waiting list to get in to see an RE so in that sense it’s good my doc is willing to refer us soon.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors