(Closed) Charters of the Hive #84

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    vanilla : (2 votes)
    4 %
    chocolate : (4 votes)
    9 %
    strawberry : (2 votes)
    4 %
    mint chocolate chip : (9 votes)
    20 %
    rocky road : (2 votes)
    4 %
    chocolate fudge brownie : (5 votes)
    11 %
    chocolate chip cookie dough : (11 votes)
    24 %
    coffee : (3 votes)
    7 %
    other : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 451
    2554 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    theshannondee
    View original reply
    Feist:  Hoping you both get your results back soon and they’re good!

Post # 452
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
    Feist:  GAH! I am in the same boat. And DH was in a meeting all morning and hasn’t been able to call for results. And now they’re closed for lunch. Fingers crossed for you!

Post # 453
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    arielmerms:  
    View original reply
    Mrs. Coyote:  
    View original reply
    NewfieBullet:  thanks! I am waiting with fingers tapping for his phone call with results. 

View original reply
    Aqualov:  wow! I can’t imagine taking care of things in a bathroom at a clinic! Goodness gracious. 

Post # 454
    1382 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Got our results back. Still isolated motility issues but everything else was great. 62 million total sperm, with either 21 or 23% progressive motility, which would put total motile sperm around 12 or 14 million which is WAY better than last time (13% prog motile, so 6.2 mil IIRC.) Morphology was 9% which is great (normal is >4) so that excludes a lot of more serious diagnoses.

Our doc doesn’t think smoking MJ once a couple weeks before the IUI is enough to hurt the motility but wants another SA in three months to check. He also wants to test for anti-sperm antibody, but there isn’t a rush on that since you can’t do anything for it, so DH will probably do that in 6 weeks, after his super intensive upcoming rotation.

All in all, the total motile count gives good chances for IUI so that’s as much as we could hope for!

Post # 455
    2208 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    theshannondee:  FX for good results for you!!

View original reply
    Feist:  That’s great!! I’m glad things looked good! 

Should get my RPL results on Friday… super nervous, almost hoping they found something so we can get to work treating it rather than go back for more testing, waiting, and frustration :/

Post # 456
    1890 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    theshannondee:  
    View original reply
    Feist:  I’ve been checking back all day to see your results! 

View original reply
    Feist:  That all sounds like really good news! What a relief! 

View original reply
    NewfieBullet:  Yay for your last TTA cycle!! 

View original reply
    lalalalauren:  I really hope they find something that is super easily fixed so you can get your super sticky rainbow baby soon! 

Sorry I haven’t been posting much (I’ve been reading along)- my internet was bad for a while and now my laptop screen is broken. Hopefully it’ll be fixed at my appt with the apple store on friday so I can get back to regular posting! 

AFM, I’m on CD20, 5DPO. It was a really early O this cycle! DH and I got the ever elusive “high” rating for our BD (O-3, O-1, O). With so many positive changes, I’m feeling really hopeful this cycle. And then today my friend/coworker who knows we’re trying and dealt with 14 years of infertility (before adopting) told me that her very accurate “pregnancy radar” was going off when we met today so she thinks I’m pregnant. I told her I hope she’s right! I’d really like to test Sunday, but I’ll only be 9DPO and negatives scare me so much. I’ll definitely test next Wednesday at 12DPO. 

Post # 457
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    ruby26:  He FINALLY called me.

So it sounds like its generally pretty good… He has plenty of swimmers, the morphology/shape is at 25% versus the preferred 30% but he meets the Kruger criteria. The movement/motility is fine, he is a grade 3. Everything else was right in line. It was noted he would be a flawless candidate for IUI (based on him). She didn’t mention about natural conception… So I feel a mix of good and still confused. I have an appointment with a new OB/GYN next week so I think we will start looking into me. If I had to pick an emoji right now for my mood it would be .

Post # 458
    4673 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    ruby26:  Sounds promising.  FX for you! 

Post # 459
    2208 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    ruby26:  I’ve been chart stalking you daily. Waiting for you to test and have such high hopes for you!!! 

View original reply
    theshannondee:  Those seem like great results! GL with your new OBGYN appt. I hope you like them and they are on board with where you want to go from here.

Post # 460
    1382 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
    theshannondee:  Do you know his Kruger numbers? From what I have seen, that is the more important morph criteria, because the WHO numbers are just from the SAs of men whose partners achieved pregnancy in 12 mos or less, whereas Kruger were developed from testing which sperm could swim through cervical mucus, fertilize eggs, etc.

AFM, apparently after DH clarified the timeline, my RE thinks that him smoking MJ once a month before the IUI could have caused the motility issue. So the SA was a month later and it almost doubled, so he’ll get another SA in a couple months. If he’ll agree I am going to start him on acetyl-l-carnitine in the meantime, which has been shown to increase motility.

Post # 461
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    Feist:  no we are waiting to hear those. Thanks for the info. We are totally in the dark in this beginning stages of this all. His doctor is out of the office Wednesday’s so the waiting continues…

My DH smokes occasionally, that is good information to know for us as well… Something to think about if his numbers are not great. 

Post # 464
    Bee
    1902 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

View original reply
    Feist:  Hey that’s awesome news!!

View original reply
    ruby26:  Good timing and FX for you!

View original reply
    theshannondee:  Hey, that all sounds good to me.. I hope your appt goes well next and you can start moving forward with a plan/figuring out what’s going on!

Anyone want to guess what’s going on here? Am I having an anovulatory cycle (I have never had one before)? I have been charting on/off for over a year and have never once O’d later than CD 14. The open circle for today’s temp is because I took it about an hour earlier than usual. I did a temp adjuster and it only brought it up to 98.0. so still not high enough for me to have ovulated yet. I am so confused and a little concerned!

Post # 465
    1890 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    theshannondee:  yay for good results! I hope your new obgyn makes you feel like you’re making progress and gets a plan in place that you’re confortable with. 

View original reply
    auggiefrog:  Thank you!! How are you doing??

View original reply
    lalalalauren:  You’re so sweet. I’m such a scaredy cat when it comes to testing! 

View original reply
    arielmerms:  I think your CHs look right. I’ve had fertile cm after O too. I think the cramps and positive OPK are pretty good indicators. Happy TWW! 

The topic ‘Charters of the Hive #84’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors