(Closed) Charters of the Hive LX

posted 6 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What sport/activity did you participate in as a child?

Soccer

Softball

Dance

Girl scouts/brownies

Some other amazing activity I will tell you about below!

• Post # 436
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    Aqualov:  I can’t wait for thanksgiving now!! 🙂 the biggest most huge FX for a successful surgery and wonderful outcome!

Post # 437
    2787 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

AOriver:  Aqualov:  candy11:  brlabrat:  ruby26:  mkat37: 

LittleRiver:  MrsFairyBee:  FreckledFox:  MiJeS1104:  arielmerms:  Ladies thank you so much for all the support, I truly appreciate it! 🙂

My beta was low (13 hcg). The nurse said that anything about 5 is considered a pregnancy and as long as it doubles on Monday it should be fine since it could be really early. I was given a progesterone prescription, I have to take it twice a day and Too Much Information alert I have to insert it vaginally :/ I also have to take low dose aspirin. I’m really glad that I’ll get my beta results the same day. So I decided I’m not going to POAS tomorrow nor Monday, if it’s another chemical pregnancy I’ll know when I get my beta results so there is no need to stress in advance. Can it be Monday evening already?

Post # 438
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
    Turtle83:  I know you have been here before and I can only imagine how you are feeling. I heard a Bee say once (it might’ve even been you!) enjoy this moment. You are pregnant right now and take it day by day. Hopefully Monday comes faster than ever! I’ve got all of my extremities crossed! I’m glad you’ve got the progesterone and some instructions. You’re doing everything you can. Find peace in that for the next two days. 🙂

Post # 439
    6936 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
    Turtle83:  I have everything crossed for you and a sticky healthy baby. I can’t wait to hear Monday results. I know it might be hard the wait, but you’re doing well in not stressing about it. Sending positive thoughts.

Post # 440
    2650 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    Turtle83:  I was prescribed the Progesteron up the hooha twice daily when my P was low. It’s not that bad, especially if you’re used to checking CM & CP internally anyway. Just be prepared for some creamy discharge in your pants from it…wear a panty liner and know that it’s from the pill, not you. GL on Monday!!!

Post # 441
    1915 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
    FreckledFox:  Me either! Thanks so much:)

<br />candy11:  December is the plan:) Sounds like you’re doing well. Almost there!

Post # 442
    2449 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Hoping we didn’t miss our shot this month. Got my +OPK yesterday AM and we BD right after. Looks like my temp is starting to shift this AM (up .14 Celsius) and I got a negative OPK but still have EWCM. Do you think I O’d yesterday? 

Also I’m wondering if BD on the  O date as the only time during FW still gives us a shot. I figured we still had a few days to go until O but looks like O CD 12 this month vs CD 16 last month. Work and colds made it tough this month but I really thought we had a few more days to go Anyway!

Post # 443
    1834 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    Turtle83:  FX that you get good results tomorrow and that this is your sticky baby. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Post # 444
    1890 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    LittleRiver:  I’m super excited about the marathon, but I’ll be happy to go back to less intense and lengthy training so that my cycles can shorten up! I was looking at past charts and when I’m not training my cycles average 35 days… which is wayyyy better than the 40+ day cycles I’m experiencing now. I’m with you on the “training for a race to get back in shape” post-baby!

Post # 445
    701 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    Turtle83:  Was just popping in here to see how everyone was doing and saw your beautiful lines!! FX to you…I hope you get your sticky baby <3

Post # 446
    2650 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  Yes BD on O date counts! GL!!!

Post # 447
    2363 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    Aqualov:  Glad you had time to pop in with an update!  That’s great that you came up with a plan for your surgery that won’t interfere with your new job.  Does that mean you can resume TTC in December or January?  I will say that I also started a new job recently, and I’m starting to question whether it makes sense for my career to TTC so soon.  On the other hand, I feel like I’ve already waited longer than I wanted to!  I’m curious to hear what you are thinking since you are in a similar position job-wise.

Post # 448
    2449 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee:  hope it was enough! I was so mad cause I had to work a 14hr shift Fri, otherwise we could have hit O-1 also. Oh well, we did what we could : ) and the TWW begins! Hopefully I’ll have CH soon! 

Post # 449
    1915 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

LittleRiver:  We plan to resume as soon as we can, so as soon as my cycle shows back up after I have my surgery and stop the Zoladex. Hopefully December, but maybe January.

I’ve debated back and forth about the timing too. If we got pregnant right away I’d be having a baby in September- worst timing ever for a teacher. However, with all the struggles we’ve had we’re going for it anyways. The first few months after the surgery are our best shot, and we’ve tried so long and I’ve gone through so much medically already to make this happen. We just want a baby, timing be damned. Most daysI  honestly feel like it’s not gonna happen anyways so what’s the point in waiting:( I’m more optimistic than I was before the surgery, but it just seems unreal anymore that we could possibly be successful. We’d be ecstatic no matter when it happens, though obviusly good timing would be nice, with my disease and our ages by the time we start trying again (almost 33 for me and 39 for him) I don’t feel we can be picky. Having a child is a priority for us, and though it would be annoyong and difficult to have a baby in September, I won’t get fired for it. 

I also want to give us the best chance and keep my heath and our finances in mind too. I could delay the surgery until Christmas break, but I’m already going to be on Zoladex and extra 2 months and the longer you’re on it the more bone loss occurs. They only approve it’s safety for 6 months, though occasionally it is used longer. If we have the surgery and wait a few months we’re missing out best chance and it increases our likelihood of needing IVF in the future, and though I try not to think this way, even the possibility of us being unsuccesful. At least we should be able to afford IVF if we need it, so that’s good. <br /><br />You don’t have any medical issues correct? I’m trying to recall:) You’re my age I saw, how many kids do you want? How old is your spouse? If it wasn’t for my medical issues and I had no reason to suspect I’d have problems TTC I would honestly wait another 6 months because of the job if it were me since I’m up for promotion in September too, so…. yah. But along with my disaese and age I also have a 1st degree relative with schizophrenia, which is linked to father’s age so that worries me and I want to minimize our risk. So many factors go into making the call. I wish you luck in your decision:)

Post # 450
    2363 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    Aqualov:  Thanks for the super thorough reply!  Your plan definitely makes sense.  FX for a smooth procedure and BFP soon after!!

AFM, I’m 32 (almost 33) and we want 2 kids.  (My Destination Wedding is 31, but that’s irrelevant ;))  I don’t have any major medical problems, but my right ovary is out of commission due to an ovarian cyst about 10 years ago and I have irregular cycles.  Given those issues, plus the fact that we are planning to use frozen sperm, my RE put my chances of conception at 10% per cycle.  That isn’t too awful, but it doesn’t make me want to wait either!  Most of our friends already have kids, and we were 100% ready to roll when this job opportunity presented itself, so it was tough to pause the process (as you know).

I still need to complete some required testing before IUI, so we should have more information about our odds before we start.  And, of course, I’ll have the benefit of a few months on the job, which will help us assess the impact on my career.  I know if I were giving advice to someone else in my position, I would say to wait.  But, in my heart, I can’t imagine waiting any longer than is medically and legally necessary.  It’s tough.

The topic ‘Charters of the Hive LX’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors