Post # 17
These posts really help me harness my feelings of overwhelmed-ness into a nice organized list.
- DIY invitation assembly is this weekend!
- meet with ligurgist at church
- meet with priest
- walk through of reception venue with caterer and florist
- ceremony programs
- figure out music (meet with DJ 2x)
- assemble guestbook
- print/cut guestbook cards
- print guestbook sign
- print/cut seating chart, table numbers
- create/print sign for bar
- create cardbox (FI is taking care of this)
- rehearsal dinner?!
- dance lessons!!!!!!
Post # 18
So crazy things happened while we were home…
Had a Family Meeting with his family, because SIL was kicked out of the wedding party (MONTHS AGO) and now everyone is pissed. Just NOW. Not months ago. Everyyone was pushing to make her a Bridesmaid or Best Man and I put my foot down. Our Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are navy which is difficult to match (and they have been ordered and are in), she has a baby and NO job, and lives at home with her parents. I just think my wedding should not be priority #1 over her job situation and my niece. Call me crazy…
We were going to have her do a reading or something. No one wanted to let us explain that. To top that off, Brother-In-Law (Hubs’ brother who is married) looked me straight in the face and said “your wedding isn’t about YOU” (I guess I want to know who it is about then?)
There were so many hurtful things said that day and the next day we were on our way back (driving from MN to TX). 3 phone calls from his mom and sister later, I opted to say forget the wedding…which then turned me into a pile of mush for 4 days before I called and told his mom that I still want my wedding and that I was stressed out and over-reacted. Her exact words? “Well, everyone canceled their rooms and Dad is going to Montana” Wow, I feel like if it were either of her daughters, she would have told them to think about it for a few days before TELLING EVERYONE. It was her fault to begin with!!! Anyway, I’m still doing this. Whether they choose to be there or not. At least hubs feels the same way. I’m just so frustrated.
I’m more frustrated that they pushed for SIL to be a Bridesmaid or Best Man when she hasn’t done anything nice to either hubs or I in YEARS. Then at the meeting they agreed as long as she did something they would be happy. I thought “OK, make her an usher and have her do a reading, no biggie.” Everyone was on board with that…until Mother-In-Law called the next morning to say “you can’t have her be an usher, it’s just not a girl kind of job.” WTF? and then she called AGAIN to say “T and I were talking (OK WHAT?!) and we thought she could wear the same dress at the BMs and stand on DH side.” In the background I hear his sister say “Or tell her the other thing” “Oh or you could put J in and she (T) could be a Bridesmaid or Best Man and then it would be even” Ok, so put her boyfriend who we don’t even know in our wedding…no.
UGH! My in laws are NUTS! NUTS! I’m moving forward with our wedding plans and I’m going to enjoy the day. Period.
So now I still have to book a DJ and now I have to find an officiant who can be there at 3 like our invites say. JOY.
Sorry that was so long, I just really had to get it all out.
Post # 19
Good that you got it out. This is the place to do it!
Im there.. I think. Everyweekend except for 3 are now pretty much booked with wedding stuff.
I think im 90% on to it.. and there are few things I cant do yet.
I just paid for our lighting guy and I am SUPER excited about it! (not really about parting with money, but I can see my ideas coming into reality, so that bits exciting). Invitations are sitting waiting to go as I have allowed mum up until June 14 if she wants to change any guests or anything. After that its a done deal. No adding extras.
And our cupcake guy is all paid for too! yay!
DJ meeting next week
Hair trial and makeup trial June 11!
I asked FH to organise transport and Honeymoon and Im leaving these in his hands. So hopefully they will be organised soon!
Post # 20
Thanks CCrane, hubs just doesn’t understand why I am SO upset (I couldn’t eat, sleep, anything but cry for days) or why this is such a big deal to me. I just felt like i poured my heart and soul into this and it all fell apart in a matter of minutes. I’m pulling it back together though, this IS happening. Like I said, with or without them.
Post # 21
Im getting married August 21st when should we mail out invites?
Post # 22
I want to make a big list to make myself feel accomplished.
It shocks me when people say they are done or almost done…I don’t get it!? I’m just counting the days until school is out and I can really focus.
- All clothing purchased
- First flower consult
- First tasting
- Some shoes bought – no decision
- Some ties bought – no decision
- Honeymoon location picked – no tickets
- MUA & Hair contacted, almost booked
- Boudior pics scheduled, lingerie picked out
- Boudior Pics – next week
- Bachelorette – 4 weeks, yay!
- Shower – 2 months
- SHOES: mine, Bridesmaid or Best Man, and groomsman
- Veil – haven’t even thought about it
- Dress to come in + fitting
- Tour room choices at hotel, book room
- Bridal Party gifts
- Bridal jewelry
- Honeymoon flight + hotel
I’m sure there’s a ton else, but I’m just trying to check off one thing at a time!
Post # 24
@Damaskqueen send them 2 months early (June 21)
Our to-do list at this point is mostly details and things I don’t want to worry about. Stuff like figuring out logistics for how and when the space will get decorated. I feel like I’ve done all the fun tasks!
Post # 25
- Sent out Invites
- CakeServer/Knife on the Way
- Fitting 1
- First Dance/Father-Daughter Songs Picked
- Undergarments Figured Out
- Bachelorette Planned
- Maid/Matron of Honor and Flower Girls Set
- Bouquets Done
- Pre-Maritol Counseling
- Rehersal Dinner Dress Sewed
- Flowers (corsages, bouts, etc.)
- New Shoes
- Ceremony Music
- Settle Food w/ Caterer
- Order Linens/Plates/Silverware
- Put together Baskets
- Cut out Butterflies
- Finish beadwork for cake
- Finish Cake Topper
- Order Tuxes for Groomsmen
- Finish Flower Girl “baskets”
- Take Last Bridesmaid or Best Man to get Dress
- 2nd Fitting
- Finish Dress Alterations
- Get PADI scuba certified
- Try Not to Lose My Mind
I’m sure I’m missing stuff too. 🙁
Post # 26
I’m a newbie here but this is the progress I’ve made so far… because I live in LA and my wedding is in Toronto, we did some stuff really early during our (only) trip to Toronto throughout the course of our engagement.
- Invites are out, about 1/3 of the RSVPs are in
- Rehearsal dinner space booked (pub by the venue)
- Sent song list to DJ
- DIY “wish cards”
- Hair booked
- Bridesmaids dresses just got in (have to mail them to the east coast & Canada)
- Flower girl/ring bearer attire and groomsmen attire
- FI’s parents went on the tasting a while back and so we just have to give #s to the caterer
- Met with photographer when in Toronto last December
- Order with florist in
- Cupcakes ordered
- We have our wedding bands
- Bridal party gifts (hand-crafted by an etsy vendor I went to college with!)
- Favors ordered
- My dress isn’t in yet. It’s from Dolly Couture and I got custom measurements so I don’t think I’ll need any (major) alterations. It should be getting here in the next week or two.
- Shoes were on backorder so waiting on those… hopefully they’ll look ok with my short dress.
- Program mock-up and finalizing a “reader” (…and then actually making the programs)
- Escort cards/place cards/all that fun DIY stuff
- Settling various bills
Still to do
- Jewelry? Don’t know what I’m going to wear
- Booking a plane ticket to get to the wedding
We’re not having any pre-wedding festivities because of the distance, and aren’t going on a Honeymoon… so we haven’t had to focus on any of that stuff, I guess.
Post # 27
I’m spending my Memorial Day putting together invitations. I need to get them mailed out this week because our RSVP deadline is July 2nd (early, I know, but for several reasons including the large number of Out of Town guests). The rest of my to-do list for this month is:
– Schedule appointments with baker, florist, DJ, and photographer to finalize stuff.
– Find Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts.
– DIY my veil.
– Finalize bridal shower dates. (My Saturdays are filling up fast this summer, so I need to get those set in stone.)
Busy busy busy!!!