(Closed) Chest & back breakouts…I am at my wits’ end!

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 17
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I went to the dermo a few months before my wedding and got an antibiotic pill (doxycyclin) that was only 10 bucks!  The visit may be fairly expensive but if/when you go ask for medications that are not very expensive or for samples and discount cards. I was also prescribed two creams for my face.  They gave me a discount card for them both.  One ended up costing me $25 without insurance (just using discount card) and the other was a bit more (a hundred and something).  I def think it’s worth the money to have the peace of mind for you wedding day. 

Post # 18
7368 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I agree with the other bees. Invest in a dermo, it will in the long run, it will save you more time and money (purchasing over the counter items which are hit/miss) and frustration.

But two items I swear by Cutricura medicated soap (the original forumla blue bar). Its my absolute staple, MUST HAVE, during the summer. I use this and within a few days breakouts on my back clear up.  And I recently discovered lactic acid based body lotions, i get the generic name one off amazon and it helps alot to. 

Post # 19
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This is gonna sound odd but trust me on this… Head and Shoulders: Classic Clean Shampoo. I started using a little bit on my back a week ago and my bacne has cleared up sooo much! I still have a little bit but I haven’t been breaking out as bad as I was. Only get the CLASSIC CLEAN product… for whatever reason, it works!

Post # 20
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Looks like you’ve been getting a lot of different advice!  I had this problem when I was a little younger and now that I’m stressing it’s starting to come back.  One thing I did was switch soaps (I use Dr. Bronner’s Lavender – it’s amazing!), drink lots of water, and now that it’s a little closer to the wedding I’ve been going to the tanner and that has helped also.  

I guess if I were you I’d take all of the options you’ve been given as ideas and try a few things in the time you have between now and you’re wedding.  Good luck!

Post # 21
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Another shout out for the Murad spray.  Speaking for myself, I am more likely to use something when I can do it by myself.  Acne on your back is really hard to treat without someone else to help you apply whatever treatment.  I can use this spray to cover my back without any help – the spray works upside-down!

Post # 22
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I agree with what everyone has posted here about seeing your dermatologist. I am also getting married in 4 months and have had a history of back acne. You are definitely NOT alone. My dress is also strapless and I have been having a couple break outs here and there due to that hormonal monthly time.

I went to my derm and she prescribed me a specific cream (can’t remember the name and don’t have it handy now) and also suggested I start using OXY extra strength face wash on my back. I get it at the grocery store and use it twice, sometimes 3 times a day. It can bleach clothing or towels, so I am careful. It has worked wonders for me. I don’t know what your derm will suggest for you, but definitely go see him/her! No matter what you will be beautiful on your wedding day! Keep your head up. 

Post # 23
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Two things that have been highly recommended, and one that I have tried (and it worked)…Cetaphil cleanser, and apple cider vinegar as a topical treatment. This may not work, because of course everyone is different, but I would say give it a shot, it wouldn’t hurt. Wash with ONLY Cetaphil on your chest and back, and avoid fragranced lotions, soaps, fragrances all together. Because it’s so mild and gentle, its been known to be really good for acne prone skin.

And I just started using straight apple cider vinegar, nothing that has been diluted or anything added to it, just the normal stuff you find in a grocery store. The way I use it is, I dip a q-tip in the apple cider vinegar and place it on my acne spots at night, then when I wake up they seem to have shrunk! It really has been working and thats surprising for me, because usually nothing does. But since it’s on your chest and back I would say soak cotton balls with it and apply at small areas at a time, with different cotton balls for each area so you don’t spread bacteria. This does sting a little on broken skin, but as to be expected.

I hope this helps! and even though acv stinks really bad lol I find that it works well for me, so hoepfully these things work for you!

Post # 24
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I was getting small zits on my chest untill I started using clerasil cleansing pads. I use them to wipe down my chest every night and I am always surprised how dirty they look (even after a shower). You should see results within a week and they cost under 5 bucks so I would strongly reccomend that you try them.  Good luck and keep us updated.

Post # 25
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Unrefined virgin coconut oil is FANTASTIC for breakouts.  Coconut oil has acids that are antibacterial.  I replaced it as a moisturizer for both me and hubby before our wedding and we were both clear on our wedding day.  Steam/soften your skin in warm water for a whle in the bath or shower, then exfoliate regularly (2-3 times a week), then rub in coconut oil while your skin is still damp.  A little goes a long way.  We’re still using it as our body lotion now.  Works great and smells coconutty.

The topic ‘Chest & back breakouts…I am at my wits’ end!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors