(Closed) Chicago Photography for under 1500?

posted 5 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
12974 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Have you tried looking on CraigsList, at photography schools, or working with someone just starting out in wedding photography? 

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

At that price point, you’re going to have to go with a new photographer or part time amateur. Craigslist is probably your best bet.

Post # 5
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2006

Same as any major city.  Hiring a photographer for half the prices of the industry standard starting point generally gives you an experience and an end product that is under most circumstances disappointing.  You can always find someone cheaper to do something, but you will end up sacrificing something for that.  Boils down to how much photography is important to you for your wedding.

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Here is mine. I got the $1299 package. It’s like a huge deal because they are associated with The Knot and are required to offer such a great incentive.. blah blah blah. Our engagement photos were free and came out great! Check it out! http://www.eivans.com/.

If you don’t want the bundle, get what you want. they have pricing for seperate services.

Good Luck!

Post # 8
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Try searching around the gary/merrillville area as well. My photographer is out of valparaiso, not sure if they’d be willing to travel to chicago, though.

Post # 9
256 posts
Helper bee

@prettinpynk86:  Oh, that is a fantastic deal! I’d love to pay around 1K for photography so this is great. How was your experience with the photographer for both engagement & wedding? TIA!

Post # 10
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@vivalasylvia:  beware companies like Evians, David’s Bridal, Bella, The Pros, George Street, etc. look at reviews, not just prices. These companies hire part timers, beginners, people with not a ton of experience . . . you may luck out but you might also find the experience a disaster. You won’t end up saving any money at all if you spend anything and end up hating your images. I’d look for an independent photographer running their own business – they have an incentive to do a great job for you because it’s their livelihood and not just something they do for some extra cash on the weekends with no responsibility or accountability if they mess something up.

http://www.yellowpages.com/oak-lawn-il/mip/eivans-photography-7188472

http://www.eventwire.com/b/eivans-photography-video-inc-oak-lawn-il/653d7851d93b0c02/reviews

Post # 11
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You’d he just as well hiring a photographer from Craiglist than one of those volume photo factories. They get their photographer from Craigslist anyway. Run away from any studio that has ” sales reps” 

Post # 12
256 posts
Helper bee

@mariematt:  Oh wow, thank you for sending me those links. That makes me really wary… I’ll look into some photography schools or something. I’ve got a few friends that would be able to do it for me BUT I want them to come as a guest and not come as a vendor. I’ll keep searching. Thanks so much!

The topic ‘Chicago Photography for under 1500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors