(Closed) Chinese Wedding Buottoniere Ribbon Thing…

posted 10 years ago in East Asian
Post # 3
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010


They usually just come from the florist, I think. Check florists in Chinatown. Are you Chinese, ask your folks, they might know? Good Luck!

Post # 5
18 posts
  • Wedding: June 2009

Yep, those ribbons are identifiers.  They include: Bride, Groom, FOB, MOB, FOG, MOG, officiant, Maid/Matron of Honor, Bridesmaid or Best Man, bridesmaid, groomsmen, etc.  Even flower girls and ring bearers have them!

I always thought they were so funny!  Like you needed a nametag because some people might not know who the bride and groom are.  Although there is a lot of labeling for Chinese weddings.  We got Chinese-style invitations and we vetoed a bunch of designs because they had "wedding invitation" printed on them.

I would ask the florists (if they’re Chinese) if they can provide them with the personal flowers.


Post # 6
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Go to Oriental Fortune Giftland at 95 Chauncy Street in Chinatown (near Winmil Fabrics).  My Future Mother-In-Law bought them there and the place is sort of like Chinese wedding central.  You can rent a kua or purchase a qipao.  They also sell red silk sign in cloths and dragon and phoenix tea set if you’re looking for any of that stuff.

The topic ‘Chinese Wedding Buottoniere Ribbon Thing…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors