(Closed) Choosing my bridesmaids & flowergirls……….

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1129 posts
Bumble bee

In your position, I would choose one or two on each side and forgo the flower girls entirely.  Saves the hurt feelings of little ones and parents alike.

Post # 4
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Since your wedding is so intimate I think everyone will feel special since they were invited which means you don’t necessarily need to have every single one of them standing by your side. My suggestion would be to have your 2 sisters as bridesmaids and have Tim have 2 groomsmen. Then, have your 2 adult cousins do something like guest book, pass out programs, or do a reading. I would have your niece and his nieces do something like pass out programs, pass out rose petal packets (or bubbles, ribbon wands, whatever). I would probably just have the childhood friends as guests. You could invite some all of these girls to get ready with you or have a special brunch with them the day after. Oh and I would say his 2 kids should be the flower girl and ring bearer, no questions. They need to feel as if they are a part of the ceremony and part of their dad’s new marriage.

Post # 5
1129 posts
Bumble bee

Oh wow, I didn’t read this closely enough – If he has children, they would be the obvious pick for ring bearer/flower girl.

The topic ‘Choosing my bridesmaids & flowergirls……….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors