(Closed) Christina Wu 5417 – Opinions Please :)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Did u take more photos? I’d love to see them! You look great in this dress from what i can tell in this photo. Your reaction when you tried it on is exactly how it should feel so if I were you I would quit worrying about it. You really do look great! And I think white instead of ivory would just make it look more clean to the eye-not make it look too showy. good choice in my opinion!

Post # 4
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You look amazing in the dress and I don’t thing it would be too showy in the white.  I think that if you are not sure of the dress then you can keep looking, there are enough dresses out there to be able to find the one that is just perfect.  If next month, this is the dress that you keep comparing everything to then you can always go back and order this dress.

Welcome to the Hive!

Post # 6
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Yaaaaa! I have the same dress as you!!! I ordered mine about a month ago (haven’t gotten it yet) but I also ordered mine in white but only tried on the ivory. I love it and think it’s going to be soooooo pretty in the white!!! 

I do have to admit though, when I got home I looked up the dress on the Christina wu website and those pics just don’t do it justice! It’s way more beautiful in person. My wedding is next April too.  I don’t think ruffles will be out of style by then. Every year there are more and moreruffle dresses. πŸ™‚

I found pics ofanother girl in our dress too. See more here!  I think the dress looks great on you!!!!!!!!

http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/Heidsmu33

Post # 8
874 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This is my dress too!  I never would have tried it on had I seen the picture on the model first!  It looks pretty terrible on her!  But I’m so glad my consultant pulled it for me, it’s amazing and an incredible price!  I can’t wait to wear her.  I bought ivory, I think it’s such a soft gorgeous shade of ivory.  But I think it will be just as perfect in white.  πŸ™‚ And absolutely do NOT buy it for $1800 – why the heck would they be selling it for that much when everywhere else it’s $989????  I bought mine for $989 too.

Post # 10
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@JenniferD:  Gorgeous gown!! 

Post # 11
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@April2013Girl:  Thank you so much for that link!  I am trying to decide on this dress too.  I also love it in person but hate it on the model.  What was the designer thinking with that ad?

Post # 12
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@JenniferD:  I know that dress! I tried it on, too. In fact, it was the dress that caught my eye at a bridal show and coaxed me into trying on dresses in the first place. It is magnificent and you look stunning in it. I didn’t get it for myself as another dress worked best for me, but I think you look sensational in it. Often we go in saying one style will be “it” and then, surprise surprise, it is the complete opposite that we ultimately choose. I think if you love it, you love it. It has a timeless quality to it, a detailed elegance. The beading and embroidery balance those gorgeous ruffles, so don’t worry about them by next year or whatever. The dress is a work of art. Enjoy!

P.S. Ivory tends to photograph better and work better with most skin tones. I don’t think white would be too showy at all. See if you can try a white dress on (or even a white dress of a different design) just to check it against your skin tone and see what you think. Ask if you can check it in daylight too as opposed to the store’s fluorescent lighting.

P.P.S. Well I just read your other comments so forget all of this. LOL!

Post # 13
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think the dress is beautiful.  I don’t think it’s too showy, but who cares if it is?  No one is goign to give you crap for it.  The wedding day is the day you get to wear whatever you want.  It’s the excuse to be the princess you always wanted to be as a child.   =) Wear whatever dres you think expresses who you are inside and whatever makes you feel like yourself.

Post # 14
21 posts
Newbee

I just bought this dress too! I love it. I can’t wait to wear it.  πŸ™‚

Post # 15
21 posts
Newbee

@April2013Girl:  I just bought this dress too! Are you wearing a sash? I am thinking I might have to change the zipper to a corset. It will depend on how snug it is when it arrives. This dress is gorgeous! 

Post # 16
21 posts
Newbee

@KinDallas:  My dress came in early!  I’m going to the Boutique tomorrow to try MY OWN WEDDING DRESS on and bring it home!!!  I’m so excited to see her again.  

Ladies, what necklaces, head pieces, jewelry, and viels are you wearing with your Christina Wu?  

@April2013Girl – The boutique where I bought my gown has a sash that goes really well with the gown.  I promise to take photos tomorrow and show it to you.  It’s designed by Missy Smith.  I think she might sell some things on Etsy as well.  πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Christina Wu 5417 – Opinions Please :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors