Post # 1
I am new and wanted your thoughts on how to know if your SO is going to propose.
My situation: SO and i have been together for a year and a half and have been talking about getting engaged for about a year. He has openly told me that he would like to get engaged before the end of the year (2012). He is usually pretty calm and consistant and we rarely argue. These are some of the reasons I think he may propose this upcoming weekend.. what do you think?
– We looked at rings a few weeks ago and he quietly observed my choices without much feedback
– We are going camping to a place where I have always wanted to go then to meet my family at a cottage I have been going to since I was little
-Him and my Dad disappeared Friday night for about a half hour to discuss “building a new porch”
– He was a little upset because i spent some money on high end yoga clothes this weekend.. I am very careful with my money and when I do spend a little he doesn’t ever complain
– He has flip-flopped in the last 2 weeks from being OVERLY nice and caring and attentive .. to a bit dismissive and wanting to break our plans for group plans.. or for us to go to our separate gyms.. sort of avoiding spending alot of time together
– Any wedding talk, he isntantly vitos, even though he has always participated in discussions and day dreams about our future.
Thoughts? Similar experiences?
Post # 3
Oh! In addition to this, the night we are camping is our 1.5 year anniversary 🙂
Post # 4
It’s hard to say. But you have a timeline and have looked at rings, so either way you know it i soon!
Post # 5
It’s so hard – you can read stuff into anything when you’re waiting.
Looking back . .
he started acting weird about two weeks before he proposed. Very distant sometimes, like something was on his mind.
he would randomly bring up general wedding things
we went out with my brother & SIL for dinner – at one point he and my brother went off by themselves for a bit. Turns out he was talking to him about proposing.
He was a complete idiot the day of. I swear, I thought I was going to have to have him committed.
Post # 6
@GroovyHippieChick: it is so true! I am reading into everything. He is just so secretive and hides emotion well .. thanks so much for your input!
Hopefully my SO isnèt an idiot the day of… its 6 hours to the camping place by car.. I really donèt want to be confined with a brat
Post # 7
Looking at rings and talking about it are both good signs he is at least thinking about it! And that is a big step!
Some guys will date a girl for years before they even consider marriage or even start the conversation.
I can’t really say that I identify with the signs, my bf is not even close to proposing 🙁 At least that is the vibe I am getting! But it does sound good to me that he is at least talking about this and looking at rings!
Post # 8
Thanks! he is FOR SURE very serious about it.. fingers crossed I wont be waiting much longer!