(Closed) Classy DJ with prices that don’t start above $2000?

posted 10 years ago in California – Northern California
Post # 3
52 posts
Worker bee

I went there last weekend too.  Did you see that guy that is both an officiant and a dj?  He gave me the heeby jeebies.  Anyways, yes, I agree that it is difficult to find a good dj on a budget.  It’s one of the biggest reception decisions, since they have such an influence on the ambiance of the party.

I’m curious who the inflatable instrument player is, though.  That way I don’t accidently choose them. 

Post # 5
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

I asked my photographer for rec’s and she gave me some excellent choices.

Post # 6
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

YES. I was so determined in finding someone that wasn’t your club DJ or radio station type that would still play all the music I wanted without thinking I was an old fart but that was smooth and classy.

My wedding planner was not kidding when she gave me the recommendation because after our September 6 event recently, I am floored at how little direction I gave the DJ we selected from the company and how AWESOME he was at hitting my DJ soft spot. When I mean little direction, I mean I gave him my play list details for the reception (and a very minimal one) at the venue when I arrived for the ceremony. No, not two weeks before like they preferred. What can I say, I was a procrastinator (got sick before the wedding). We had discussed ceremony and cocktail music for about 10 minutes on the phone a few weeks prior. He understood exactly what I meant and I was thrilled.

PLEASE contact Denon and Doyle DJs (www.djay.com) and ask for Brian Holmes to be your DJ. They allow you to select a DJ and you can met any and all at a showcase. I booked him blindly based on the recommendation of my coordinator and also Mark Addington at Denon & Doyle.

Trust me when I mean smooth and classy; we had a black tie wedding with professionals (CPAs…..*snore*), our parents and their friends, AND students, and all three crowds were pleased

You’ll love their rates. We paid about $1400 for 7 hours of non stop music.

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Hi Bees,

I am getting married in May and I am using Dj Jeremy.

http://www.djjeremyproductions.com/default.htm

I met with him in person, and he was extremely personable, professional and reasonable! He contacted me with a lot of information via email and was always very prompt.

He is a DJ at a Club in SF and he also does lots of weddings on the side. He also has a bunch of mixes on his website to show how diverse he can be. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. 

Check out his Yelp reviews. ALL 5 stars. Plus, he doesn’t require an up front fee. You pay when the services are rendered. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dj-jeremy-productions-san-francisco-3 

Post # 9
596 posts
Busy bee

Roger Clary with AMS Entertainment is awesome.  Their prices are super reasonable – they start at about $900.

The topic ‘Classy DJ with prices that don’t start above $2000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors