(Closed) Clearwater/St. Pete wedding reception 100 people for under 7k?Am I dreaming? :(

posted 8 years ago in Florida – West Coast Florida
Post # 17
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

For catering Affordable Catering is great, $20 per person includes dishware.  Different bar options available. 

I am still trying to decide on venue.  Looking for beach wedding.  Affordable florida weddings.com is cheap and nice package, but in email comm with them the guy is kinda wierd.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Trying to plan a wedding for 75, not till April 2013… we need time to save since we are doing this ourselves. 

So far looking at Clearwater Rec Center for venue. 

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

Post # 18
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@FutureMissSmoothie

Please keep us posted on where you choose to book. I’ve just started planning long distance for a wedding in Tampa (my hometown – and Sacred Heart is our family church, so good choice – let me know if you have questions). I have been looking at venues in downtown Tampa, St. Pete/Clearwater, and anything with a view of the water for around $80pp (including alcohol – something the hotels in the area are not including with their prices). 

Tampa Bay Watch is one place i’ve looked into online, but it maxes out at 150 including the outside deck. You may want to check there and see if it works for you.

Good luck!

Post # 20
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@FutureMissSmoothie: That is definetly enough money!!! I suggest also having your wedding as a brunch or breakfast reception, we did that and hacked off half of the price. Check out the Clearwater Sailing center, Rusty Pelican, Tampa Bay Watch , and the Palm Pavillion Inn. You should be able to stay within your price rang there because you can bring in outside catering

Post # 22
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@FutureMissSmoothie:  I have a fantastic wedding planner her name is Chrissy from Ideal Design Events. idealdesignevents.com she is absolutely wonderful, affordable, and owns all of her own inventory which is available for clients to use at no rental charge. Hope this helps 🙂

Post # 24
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@FutureMissSmoothie:  

Try the Holiday Inn Harbourside (www.hiharbourside.com) – their minimums seem to be the lowest on the beach – plus they only have a 19% gratuity rate as opposed to 21% like the rest of the beach are hotels and resorts.

Shephard’s on Clearwater Beach also offers nice wedding packages and the catering is nice, priced right and served right off their buffet – http://www.shephards.com/social-events/

If you do not mind going inland – Banquet Masters offers very affordable catering and a pleasant banquet hall. http://www.banquetmasterscatering.com/

Post # 25
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Sandbar restaurant in anna maria is nice, though i don’t know if they are big enough for 100 people. definitely check them out though! good luck. 

Post # 26
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I just had my wedding at the Powell Crosley Estate.  It was BEAUTIFUL and i was also on a budget.  I didnt have to do much decorating at all.  They have a gorgous building.  check it out online if anything

my familly could not stop raving about the place.  It has a lot of history there and is grogous.  i know i keep saying that but if you want a wedding that is unique this is your spot

Also if you are looking for a photographer http://www.rjmphotos.com he was amazing and very very very good price. We got all our photos for free from him he was doing a give away so that tells you how nice he is 🙂

Also for catering we went with Affordable catering.  They were the best priced food we could find, and they did a GREAT job!!! we had the Luaou chicken and everyone LOVED it!

pm me if u need any more advice

Post # 27
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

If anyone is looking for information and assistance I have been in the Wedding business for nearly 19 years as an Ordained Minister, Wedding Planner, Coordinator and Florist. I am on Facebook at Lasting Impressions Ceremonies. Just here to help, not take over……I am actually getting married in November, 2012 myself. So I know it can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be.

Thank you and God Bless,

Katherine

Post # 28
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

$7K for 100 people is manageable I think, you just will have to manage your budget really well and probably cut corners on some things. I would personally check out some packages with caterers to see what you can realistically budget per person. Here is a great link for comparison (these packages are customizable) http://new.bestmiamiweddings.com/wedding-packages/. As for venues, there are some more budget, but still beautiful venues here http://new.bestmiamiweddings.com/venue-type/budget-wedding-venues/. They might be a little out of your area but worth looking at so you can get ideas! 

The topic ‘Clearwater/St. Pete wedding reception 100 people for under 7k?Am I dreaming? :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors