(Closed) Clip-on & Pierced Earrings

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 4
Hostess
16214 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Hmm. That’s a tough one. Have you actually contacted any sellers on Etsy about making two kinds? Or, do you have any kind of bead/jewelry place around you where you could actually make the jewelry yourself?

Post # 5
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

You could potentially get them all clip on ones. I hate clip on earrings personally, but they would only have to wear them for a short while.

Otherwise, I would go with Gemstone’s suggestion and try asking sellers on Etsy.

Post # 6
1763 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Claire’s sells things to turn any earrings into clip ons!

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I tried those clip on converter things and they hurt my ears like crazy.  I ended up buying mine from Emitations, I think they do some of their earrings in both pierced and clip on style.  I got the screwbacks and really loved them because I could adjust them so they weren’t pinching the life out of my ears like the other clip ons did.

Post # 10
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would suggest looking for screwback earrings for everyone.  They are more comfortable than clip-ons, so the girls with pierced ears shouldn’t be uncomfortable.

I’m surprised that you can’t find a seller on etsy that is willing to work with you.  Sometimes you strike out there, but I would keep messaging people with earrings you like to see what they are willing to do for you.

EDIT: Another idea, don’t have them match.  Have everyone where a slightly different style that corresponds to the other.  That might be difficult also, but maybe will open up the market a little bit for you.

Post # 12
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

As a girl without pierced ears, I have to say that I am not a fan of screw-backs -they tend to either fall off or be so tight they are painful from the get. 

Post # 14
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@elliestan: If only it were that simple!  I’ve had them pierced twice before, and no matter how well I (and my mom, the first time) took care of them, and no matter what anti-allergen steps we took (pure metals, having a doctor do it, etc.), they got horribly infected.  My body just does not like piercings, I guess. 

I think the regular clips definitely stay on the best, but they can hurt at the end of the day, but they will certainly work for a few hours without falling off, so they should get down the aisle, no problem!

Post # 15
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@sarahbabs: I had the same problem with pierced ears. Oddly enough, I’ve had a navel piercing since I was 22 without any problems. I agree on the regular clips as being more comfortable for the wearer. When I was in a few weddings, I made sure that they knew early on that I didn’t have pierced ears. I still have those earrings. For my wedding, I had mine custom made at my favorite local jeweler.

Post # 16
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

I just went through this! Only I’m the one who doesn’t have pierced ears!

The clip-on’s I found were all ugly, so I found a pair that weren’t on Etsy and messaged her. She made them clip-on’s and I just got them the other day. They’re beautiful!!

The seller was PlumbCrazy and this is her shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/plumbcrazy?ref=pr_shop_more

These are the earrings I had made into clips (I got the matching bracelet too):

http://www.etsy.com/listing/63345112/pearl-rhinestone-wedding-earrings-posts

ETA: They’re also really comfrotable for clip-ons.

The topic ‘Clip-on & Pierced Earrings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors