- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
Earlier this year I asked one of my mother’s friends if he’d be the photographer at my wedding to which he happily said he would. He is not a professional photographer but he takes (amazing) photos as a hobby and has had several photography classes.
I’ll be talking to him again January 2013 about our engagement photo-shoot to take place in March (I already have a “must have” list of pictures on my Pinterest account) and I have also compiled a “must have” list of pictures for the day of the wedding.
Before I talk to him though I have a few questions I’d like the hive to help me with.
- I only have 101 photos for my wedding day “must have” picture list, I was wondering if this is enough or if I should keep looking online for more shots that I’d like my photographer to take? I am pretty happy with the ones I already have, I just don’t know if the amount I have is enough.
- What questions should I ask my photographer that you think might be helpful?
- For my engagement photos “must have” list I only have about 50 pictures in mind. Will this be enough pictures or is there an average minimum I should strive for?
- Should I assume that I must tell him every single photo I’d like taken and have it written down for him to remember? Because I feel like just showing him my Pinterest account isn’t good enough.
- What have you found useful in talking with your photographer? (i.e. tips, guides, websites, friendly advice etc.)
I find this whole photography world daunting. I trust that my photographer is good at what he does, but I don’t know how to talk to him and I am afraid that I do not have enough photo “must haves” and that he won’t know how to give directions during his photo shoots with us (I am worried about this being I am sort of neurotic in this sense) or that he won’t take enough photos while the wedding is going on.
So, any advice you can give about what you found helpful with talking with your photographer, any fears you originally had but were laid to rest please let me know! Thank you~