Post # 1
We have decided to have the wedding party each choose a drink and I am making up a menu to put on the tables. What I need is a catchy title for the menu. Something humorous. We are getting married at The Tracy Castle in Buckley Washington. So at first I thought more of a castle theme type of title… but I am drawing a blank.
Right now we have Lively Libations, Castle Cocktails, Newlywed Nightcaps…none quite do it for me.
HELP!!!…does anyone have any suggestions?
Post # 3
How about using "chateau"? The title could be Chateau Drinks, Chateau Quenchers, Chateau Refreshments or just Chateau Cocktails
Post # 4
I think you can make some cute but meaningful names: Get them from inspirations from history or movies?
- The princess bride: Prince Humperdink… ‘As you Wish’… Inigo Montoya… Dread Pirate Roberts, the Sicilian, Cliffs of Insanity…
- History: Henry VII… The Spanish Inquisition… The Gaunlet…Crusaders…
or maybe draw inspiration from poems like William Shakespeare?…I would start there.
It could be fun! Maybe have your wedding website (if you have one) Have your guests help you choose! =o)
Post # 5
you can also name the cocktails after fun characteristics or sayings of the people from your wedding party who chose that drink. Examples:
- if one of them acts like a total gentleman, you can name his drink choice,
- if someone in your wedding party keeps saying, "that’s a hot mess," you can name that person’s drink choice,
- hot mess (or royal hot mess if you want to add that castle theme)
then maybe you can have your guests guess who picked what drink.
or another idea is that if you have a lot of out-of-town guests coming, you can name the drinks after hard-to-pronounce washington state places while adding a royal twist. examples:
- prince puyallup
- ever after enumclaw