(Closed) Cocktail Table Decoration Questions… Birch Candle & Lantern?!

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Okay, I like your concept and I like both items.  My only issue is, how can you make it look like you didn’t just throw and candle on the table along with a lantern.  How can you tie them together?  Do they have these candles small enough so it will fit in the lantern? Actually, looking at the color of the birch candle, maybe just a cream color votice to fit inside the lantern as well.  And what about putting a ribbon band around the birch candle?  Something similar to the photo but in your colors and minus the leaf?

Post # 5
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

i love these ideas!  however you can’t have unlit candles!!  it will look weird to have candles sitting there that aren’t lit  the main purpose of candles is to provide glowing light, so if it’s just the birch look you like then use actual birch branches you know?  people use lit candles outside all the time so i’m sure you won’t have a problem.  or just use a single slightly larger lantern on each table with a candle lit inside, no pillar candles at all. 

Post # 6
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

To keep the birch candles from going out, what about putting a glass pillar or hurricane over them? We’re doing something similar with the lanterns, but any extra candles we place around will be glass-enclosed (per order of the venue, it’s an indoor wedding).

The topic ‘Cocktail Table Decoration Questions… Birch Candle & Lantern?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors