(Closed) Cold feet/any doubts?

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: Did you have cold feet before the wedding?
    Yes, but now I'm happy! : (13 votes)
    11 %
    Yes, and now I am unhappy/got divorced. : (5 votes)
    4 %
    No, and now I'm happy! : (31 votes)
    26 %
    No, but now I am unhappy/got divorced. : (2 votes)
    2 %
    Yes, and I cancelled the wedding. : (2 votes)
    2 %
    I am not married yet, but I sometimes have doubts. : (24 votes)
    20 %
    I am not married yet, and I have no doubts. : (39 votes)
    33 %
    I am not married yet, and I have cold feet. : (4 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 17
    72 posts
    Worker bee

@asphodel:  I “postponed” it 6 weeks before the wedding although I knew at the time that there was the possibility we might never get married if I did that. I was stalling on sending out the invitations (bad sign), and my anxiety was so great that I couldn’t sleep or eat. There were concrete reasons, however, that came up after we got engaged which put me in this state! It was definitely the most traumatizing event of my life….that and everything that led up to it and followed it. I still wish we got married even though it was so messed up 🙁

PS. “Know thyself” is the most important words I can think of for anyone who is thinking of marriage!

Post # 19
    4858 posts
    Honey bee

No doubts, no cold feet.  Everything’s been wonderful so far!

Post # 20
    1416 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I had zero anxiety about marrying him, I had TONS of anxiety about the actual day…because I am not a good planner and was pretty much planning it on my own. I never once questioned if marrying HIM was what I wanted.

Post # 21
    1953 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I think some worrying is natural for such a huge life evnt, and while men are more likely to have a freakout, I think everyone has doubts/fears to some extenet now and then before any major life change. Think about graduating, I’m sure many people were super excited, but at the same time scared of the next step in life. 

I haven’t had any doubts as of yet, but I still have a year to go before the actual wedding, so that may change. My Fiance on the other hand, he already had his freakout. All big changes need time for adjustment and sometimes we just psych ourselves out.

Post # 22
    613 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I voted I had no doubts but am now unhappy.  There are a lot of things that have been thrown at me that rationally I knew could happen, but it’s not really real and you don’t know how you’ll react until it actually happens, you know?

Post # 24
    1731 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I doubted a little about how we were handling it. By signing the papers legally  here by checking the Self box and being insta-married (no officiant, no witnesses) and having an actual ceremony later.  But I got over it bought an orchid to wear in my hair as we filled out the paperwork lol and called mom and dad and told them after.  They were so happy for me but even happier that we are still having a ceremony!

Nothing feels too different after doing that so I know I made the right decision.  We are happy and can’t wait to celebrate wtih family and friends next year.

The topic ‘Cold feet/any doubts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors