(Closed) College Athlete Question! Back issues, want to play again!

posted 4 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Find someone you can practice with at the intensity that you would be practicing/playing on the team. Find a personal trainer or physical therapist who can help you with back-strengthening exercises. IF your back starts hurting again – get a second doctor’s opinion. Try to find out whatever medical center or doctor your local pro basketball team uses and go to them, as they will be more familiar with helping athletes return to playing form.

Post # 4
11177 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@MrsCanoodle:  I damaged my ACL in my right knee my senior year of highschool playing volleyball. I had played club throughout my younger years so it was a lifestyle of weekly scheduled practices, club tournaments and CYO varsity games. I didn’t play in college due to my injury and gained a great deal of weight.

After college I lost a ton of weight and slowly got back into volleyball. While at first I found my knee to be fine it wasn’t until the last year or so when I upped my intensity of play level to A and competed in tournaments also at the higher level that I noticed the pain coming back.

I would recommend starting out slow if you are considering a come back. With your level of injury the stakes are even higher should something happen again. After you have tried playing a few low-key games you can look into a serious practice with people on a higher level, that makes all the difference.

The topic ‘College Athlete Question! Back issues, want to play again!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors