(Closed) Color question (tuxedo & flower girl)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

what shade of emerald color are you going with? I think a darker emerald would look amazing with the coffee color and ivory. Also for tux wise…..black would be to harsh for an ivory coffee color….chocolate may look a little to dark as well. Did you look at maybe a tan or khaki color for them? I would suggest a coffee color flowergirl dress with maybe a sash that in the emerald color you do for your dress….that way it is a more polished look!

Hope this helps!

Post # 4
1962 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I agree with d_mari3 about the possibility of using a nice dark emerald green. A dark green would accent the color of your dress nicely. 

Your dress is gorgeous by the way! 

Post # 5
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

How fancy is your wedding? If it’s formal, you really can’t do anything but a black tux and no one will think twice about the color combo because it’s what’s expected. If your wedding is not so formal you have more leeway. I personally don’t care for the look of brown tuxes or suits and I think khaki would look too much like you were trying to match your dress to his suit.. What about a navy or charcoal suit? I think as long as the green color you pick is less saturated/more muted it will look good. For example, you could do a forest green, but a bright, saturated kelly green wouldn’t work.

Post # 7
333 posts
Helper bee

I would wear the bracelet with the darker green….the emeralds are not going to be neck to the sash all the time…you may pose for pictures holding the bouquet infront of the sash but I dont think anyone is going to be like OMG why would she wear a lighter green bracelet with that dark green sash!

side not on tux color….if you are wanted that formal look go with the black tuxes. I am wearing a champagne color dress and it looks great next to a black tux. A coffee brown my not look bad with it…..when you go tux shopping ask for a coffee color swatch….I know they have coffee color ties and vest. I have seen them with black tuxes!

Post # 9
1684 posts
Bumble bee

I would go for two different shades of green – maybe hunter and then a slightly lighter shade for the boys? (Especially if you go with a black tux)

Also, what about a gray tux/suit? 

Post # 10
333 posts
Helper bee

alright I googled some tuxes for you:

emerald green with black: I like the way this looks!

Brown with a pop of color I think it would look awesome with emerald:

Coffee color tux I think if you did a dark emerald color it would look awesome!

Black with brown….just so you can see what a brown color would look like with black:

Hope that will give you better visual!

Post # 11
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Honestly, I think a black tux will look clashy and dated with that gorgeous gown. Like the two of you are going to prom and didn’t discuss what to wear beforehand, actually (the green vest/tie with the black tuxedo next to your dress is especially prom-ish).

Have him wear a beautiful medium-brown suit with some texture to it with a sophisticated (read: not fake satin kelly green) textured brown vest and deep green tie. It’ll look smashing!

The topic ‘Color question (tuxedo & flower girl)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors