(Closed) Color regrets? H, I, J colored stone owners!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 46
Member
1352 posts
Bumble bee

Mine is J colour and I only rarely notice warmth.

Post # 47
Member
44 posts
Newbee

My ring is an H and I never see any color in it at all– in fact, I wouldn’t want it to be any whiter than what it already is.

Post # 48
Member
1275 posts
Bumble bee

My EC is a GIA-graded I and I have zero regrets. I’ve read that you should not choose below H for stepcuts but I’ve seen some Ks (in platinum) that were gorgeous. Cut and clarity are my hangups.

sLsHgI 

J color in an ideal cut round is usually quite white faceup. Of course, if it’s going to bug you (don’t worry about the friends!), exchange it.

 

Post # 49
Member
1809 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree with PPs. I don’t see any warmth. Truly.

Post # 50
Member
146 posts
Blushing bee

I have a radiant cut and in certian light I see the J color in it, I also think it photographs a little warmer than it looks in person. My Fiance noticed the color and I think he initially regretted not getting a better color, but I love it. I would say 85% of the time I can’t tell at all, and the other 15% the time I don’t really care, its my diamond and I love it. I am attaching 2 photos, the most “yellow” it has ever photographed(notice how its not in focus either), and then how it typically looks when in person.

Post # 51
Member
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Mine is E in color and I couldn’t be happier with my diamond (:

Post # 52
Member
1384 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
stefzbee:  Your ring is gorgeous! I think it’s the closest to a “ring twin” I’ve seen on the Bee, except my halo is round. I’m a sucker for halos!

Post # 53
Member
4640 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
ahelpfulbee142:  love your set, ring twin!!!

 

mine is an I. the wedding band is G/H and i cannot tell a difference

Post # 55
Member
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016 - The Wynn Las Vegas

My J (side stones are F). 🙂

Post # 56
Member
9426 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

Mine is J colored, and it is definitely noticeable a significant portion of the time (10-30%?).. but I love it.  I don’t really feel the need for a white diamond… I just love how sparkly it is 😀

Post # 57
Member
2699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Mine is a g and I still see a bit of warmth from time to time.

Post # 58
Member
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Mine is a J, which is what I wanted to begin with since I’ve never been too fond of the colorless diamonds. It looks very clear and white but it has a warm undertone that I just love – especially with the yellow gold setting. I wouldn’t change it for the world!

IMG_61842FullSizeRender

Post # 59
Member
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
vericari:  

im with u – mines am I and I just love it. 

Couldnt give a hoot about the “colour”

Post # 60
Member
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

No regrets! I love my J colored diamond. Very warm. Not yellow at all, just warm.

The topic ‘Color regrets? H, I, J colored stone owners!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors