Post # 17
Your colours are great! I have teal and purple accessories, I find frames, cushions, clocks are a great way to add them in.
I really like colour, and it may be a bit much for an office, however I love the playful decor of Penny’s apartment in Big bang theory:
That site has some cool ideas. Again I know it is not strictly office, however by what you have already posted, I can tell you have a really fun edge 🙂
Post # 18
Ooooh…I found a website called colourlovers.com. Under color palettes/most loved is one called “fresh cut day”. There’s a bajillion combinations.
Can I just come and decorate your office? I love putting rooms together.
Post # 19
@Pamelor55: can you please just come and decorate my office? I hate putting rooms together! lol. I want to exist in an beautiful space but no matter how hard I try, I feel like my decorating is always a bit “off”
Interesting! I would NEVER have thought of it, but I love penny’s living room! Especially because it is mostly neutral with one teal focal point, just like my office! I want those set decorators to come do my office haha.
Post # 20
@Pamelor55: finally had time to check out that color website and it is AWESOME!
Post # 21
@happyface: I like fluffy rug!
Post # 22
Yes it is! I never saw it before and I stopped after I found that pallette for you. I am a huge fan of HGTV decorating shows. If you have on demand, see what’s on now. My favorite is Color Splash with David Bromstad.
A few of their decorating rules:
1. Start with a color inspiration. You have your desk in an amazing color. Build from that.
2. Use different textures such as rugs, curtains, pillows. I can see a great pattern curtain.
3. Don’t be afraid of color but you aren’t.
4. You can use different prints together as long as colors coordinate.
5. Ground with a neutral. You are doing that with your gray walls, which by the way is the NEW neutral.
6. Accessories such as a group of really great glass bottles. Different shapes and sizes just stay with your colors and they will look great.
7. The shows always do a great chandelier. In your case silver modern would be great.
8. You can mix styles such as vintage with modern if you follow the above guidelines.
I don’t have Netflix but maybe you can find Color Splash on there. I don’t know where you live but once you know your vision, Home Goods is the best place to find pieces to pull it together.