(Closed) Coloured (not white) Dresses

posted 10 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Do you like coloured wedding dresses?
    hate them : (10 votes)
    6 %
    love them : (87 votes)
    51 %
    like them, but would not wear one personaly : (58 votes)
    34 %
    you have to wear white : (6 votes)
    4 %
    don't do it!!! : (9 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 17
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

That’s actually so interesting, im going to google it so I can learn more and see pics.

Post # 18
    349 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@Niqs : you should deff. check it out its great stuff to learn about.  My county museum just opened up a church house and it has all that information in there.  I love to see people read it out loud because they are shocked about it.  :))  Congrats on your wedding BTW!

Post # 19
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

@Niqs:  I look horrible in white and even worse in off white…I mean liver transplant jaundiced  YELLOW! So why would I wear a colour that looks terrible on me?

Yes it is my second wedding but even for my first I wore blush pink!

Post # 20
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee

@FutureMuniz:  Np…I love history too…and the fact that so many people are shocked when they find that out because of how our culture believes. I was just reading the ‘asking father permission to wed’ thread and so many women are insulted by that tradition but they don’t know how many of our traditions came about. I just find it so interesting.

Post # 21
    6414 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

I loveeee colored dresses but I couldn’t pull it off.

Black wedding dresses are my absolute favorite!

Post # 22
    1206 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

I love all your choices!
    I havent gone for full colour, because I tried some coloured dresses and they just didnt look right on me. In the end I ordered a white dress with a “tacky, skunk pooed” section in black that wraps around the waist and then creates the train down the back. It has cute little buttons running down it and sparkly beading around the edging. It makes me grin every time I think about it!
    Good luck in choosing

Post # 23
    56 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

This is my absoloute dream dress and my SO totally agrees….I will probably end up in with though :-/

Post # 24
    3683 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I think they’re fabulous!  Assuming Western culture, it’s a definitely a gutsy choice.  For myself, I waver, because I’m not sure I’m ballsy enough to wear a colored dress.  At the same time, I look like crap in pastels, and best in jewel tones and dark colors.

Now, some of the colors you see in Eastern weddings are just so gorgeous!  Love them so much more than white!

Post # 25
    1388 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m soo pale, and white isn’t flattering on me.

I love ivory, blush, gold, coffee colored dresses..etc. I love coloured dresses on other brides, but I couldn’t pull it off!

Post # 26
    1874 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Honestly down here its hard to find a “white” dress. Most stores here have off white or ivory dresses. Your chances of finding a white dress is very slim. I even saw this on a episode of Say Yes to the dress. They dont have that many white dresses as well. My dress is a colored dress. Actually its very colorful. Its white and peach and I believe it truly defines my personality and I love it with all my heart. I tried to do a traditional white dress… It just wasnt me. Here is my dress:

Post # 27
    1335 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

This is mine! 

Post # 29
    3572 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I’m wearing a honey gold colour. White just doesn’t do it for me.

Post # 31
    3572 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Yay! My fiance has stopped lurking so I can post mine!

The topic ‘Coloured (not white) Dresses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors