(Closed) Coloured (not white) Dresses

posted 10 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Do you like coloured wedding dresses?
    hate them : (10 votes)
    6 %
    love them : (87 votes)
    51 %
    like them, but would not wear one personaly : (58 votes)
    34 %
    you have to wear white : (6 votes)
    4 %
    don't do it!!! : (9 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 32
    1293 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

Christian Dior:

Oscar de la Renta:

Elie Saab:

Marchesa:

Post # 36
    1136 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@Niqs:  I love everything about your red dress. It wins compared to the white dress no contest IMO.

I think colored dresses are beautiful, and often much more flattering than white.

Post # 37
    858 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

My dress is champange and ivory. So close to white but no quite. lol

Post # 38
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

@teabiscuit:  The original design is in a line called Sancta Carina…google images and you’ll find some beautiful (and wild) dresses. Karina is a Japanese model/actress/designer.

I’m having the dress made by a local designer/seamstress. She’s as excited as I am since she hasn’t had something like this to work on since school! To make it more economical, she is starting with a purple ruched bridesmaid dress and ordering extra material from the same company. Once the material etc is in I’m going to start a dress post to show it from start to finish.

Post # 39
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

@teabiscuit:  Oh yeah…forgot to add…FH and I met at the theatre. We are both amateur actors. I love purple and that’s why I picked the dress and have decided to use peacock feathers as our colour theme. The actual theme of the wedding was chosen by FH though when he was picking out what he wanted to wear…Victorian Steampunk! We are theatrical so it fits!

Post # 40
    862 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

@Niqs:  stunnnning!! love the red

Post # 42
    861 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I’m kind of cheating, but oh well.

My dress has a stark white underlay with a dark ivory/champagne lace overlay. I LOVE the contrast. You can’t really tell in most photos, except in natural light without any flash like this:

Post # 43
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I am wearing a sage coloured dress with green beading. I just love it and though I really love looking at other brides in ivory dresses I can’t see myself in anything traditional. 

Post # 44
    1282 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@mink:  Those are all lovely… But I love that first one – The Christian Dior one with the colored lining and hi-lo hem… Gorgeous!

Post # 45
    1282 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I really wanted to get a deep eggplant purple sash – Not the stripe down the backe… but a wide sash at my empire waist, maybe with a flower or peacock feather or combo… But it did NOT go with the style of my dress, so I passed on that 🙂

Post # 46
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

@teabiscuit: No im not Indian, i just always wanted to wear a red wedding dress. I’m muslim though and most muslim brides I know have two dresses for their special day. In my family some of my cousins have worn an untraditional colour in the morning and then white or cream in the afternoon, but none of them have worn a dramatic colour so i’m the first. Our wedding was also a little untraditional by my families standards because we left some sections of the day out so I only had one dress and wanted it to be jaw dropping. 

I am so happy that I stuck to my guns and did both weddings despite the fact that I know a few of family members didnt agree with it.

The topic ‘Coloured (not white) Dresses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors