Pronovias Delicia : (24 votes)
    24 %
    BHLDN Aiguille : (11 votes)
    11 %
    Jenny Packham Eden : (26 votes)
    26 %
    Jenny Packham sheath : (3 votes)
    3 %
    My own dress -- photos below!! : (11 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 62
    3848 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@aekc:   You more than pull it off – you look stunning in that sheath!!  You look like a model for it!!  Perfection!

Post # 63
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@nocleverbeepun:  Shut the front door !!  Holy cow that dress is rocking on you !!  Gorgeous !!  I have dress envy !  Almost 4 months after my wedding LOL

Post # 65
    1612 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I dunno if this is what you are looking for exactly but this would have been the one if I hadnt dreamed of a ball

gown my entire life.

the thing about it was it was so

sexy and romantic. it made me

feel like a strong powerful woman also very 1920s-1930a classy sexy sassy. 

im only 5’4  if you find one you love ….do it !!!

Post # 66
    918 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@SecondTimeisaCharm:  Lovely! quite similar to mine that I posted earlier. What sort of veil/headpiece etc. did you go for with that?

Post # 67
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@gelaine22:  Thank you!  The first one is my mom’s favorite!  I think it’s a little too sexy, but that’s why she likes it…haha!

View original reply
    @aekc:  Haha thank you!  No problem…I always thought it was really helpful to see dresses on real women vs. the model, especially since I’m short.  Hope this is helpful to some other petite ladies out there!  I haven’t picked out a dress yet, mostly because I just “discovered” the sheath style could work on my body and I want to try a few more on.  Smile  If you’re still on the fence about it, try some on, it might surprise you, especially if the detailing is in the right place.  And don’t get discouraged!  I only posted the ones that looked decent — there were a few that were not forgiving at all…delete delete delete!

Post # 68
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

@aekc:  !!! Did you get it??? GET IT! It looks AMAZING on you!!!!! Seriously beautiful, it fits you in all the right places!!

Post # 69
    6835 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@aekc:  it looks elegant and flattering and beautiful on you!  It’s killer!  Just be sure you don’t want a “dramatic” dress before you buy it, because sheaths aren’t really that.  (I didn’t want that…)

Post # 70
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@aekc:  sorry just saw now that you posted your own sheath dress!  looks fantastic on you!!!

Post # 71
    1074 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@aekc:  That looks gorgeous on you! 

I went with a very simple satin dress.  I’m super curvy (tiny, but with hips and a butt, so not the typical profile of someone who would normally wear a straight satin dress.

Pic on me, then on the model.

Post # 72
    143 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

@aekc:  Get that dress — it was made for you!! You look gorgeous.

Post # 73
    7960 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

@aekc:  you look great in that dress.  i hope you got it.

Post # 74
    1219 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t know if mine counts

Post # 76
    1487 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

@aekc:  ok that is AMAZING. you look incredibleeeeeeee!!! your height/weight as similar to me but you look WAY better. and have NO TUMMY to speak of. get it get it get it!

The topic ‘Columns and sheaths — anyone daring enough to wear one?? PICS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors