(Closed) Combining Indonesian traditional dress & white dress (pics) opinion please

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think the dress is beautiful. I love that it has the culture and that you want, yet is still white and bridal looking.

Post # 4
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love it! I don’t think it looks weird at all! I say go for it.  You will look stunning in itSmile

Post # 5
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i think it looks gorgeous.  another option is to wear both.  my sis in law wore four different dresses.  she wore one for our southern chinese morning ceremony, wore another for the tea ceremony, a traditional wedding dress, and then another traditional wedding dress.  she changed in and out of them throughout the reception to match the tradition — chinese dress for the lion dance, southern chinese outfit for the passing of the shots of cognac…

i admit i will also have several dresses too.  i guess i go to a lot of mix-cultural weddings so i am accustomed to seeing the bride in two or more dresses.

Post # 6
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I love them! I always look at this dress too…the colours and detail are so pretty:

Post # 8
236 posts
Helper bee

I love the combo! It’s gorgeous and representative of your lives combining!

Post # 9
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Looks great!  I think it would totally work.  I really like those tops, the kebaya!

Post # 11
1160 posts
Bumble bee

@ditaaaaa: I’m looking for something similar, without the head covering as well….I’m having 2 ceremonies (one muslim and one regular)…so the two dresses will be different.

It’s harder for me b/c I’m plus sized and I need to hide my tummy.

Post # 13
1160 posts
Bumble bee

@ditaaaaa: REALLY pretty…My SO is from ALgeria, but the styles are all similar!

I was writing about it a little bit here:

EL-FATIHA

I also posted a purple gown which I would LOVE to wear…but can’t find anywhere!

Post # 15
3261 posts
Sugar bee

im jealous i love all of those

Post # 16
201 posts
Helper bee

I don’t think it looks weird- it’s gorgeous and unique. I think it’ll look great and I love that you want to combine both aspects of wedding culture from you and your Fiance. 

The topic ‘Combining Indonesian traditional dress & white dress (pics) opinion please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors