(Closed) Comfortable sneakers for a 12.5 hour shift?

posted 7 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Rouquine: I used to work at a grocery store for 10-hour shifts all the time and loved my Under Armour running shoes. I’m sure Nike would be just as good!

Post # 4
489 posts
Helper bee

I have heard SAS shoes are pretty comfortable.

Post # 5
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would not get sneakers. I would get some Dansko’s or Sanitas. Those will work for 12+ hour shifts. Sneakers are okay till about hour 6.

Post # 6
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

I have hard to fit (read–WIDE) feet and have tried every brand of shoe out there. They all made my feet hurt after a few hours–after 12, I was miserable and drove home barefoot more times than I could count.

Then, I found New Balance (I specifically get the runners, because of the wider width) and now that’s all I wear and it’s been that way for years.

Haven’t had any sore feet since I started wearing them.

Post # 7
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Asics are the most comfortable I’ve ever used.  But you have to go up to the $100 range, like the Nimbus.  They also have a new Gel Blur 33 line that is super comfortable, breathable and a little cheaper.

Post # 8
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

At my old work, they offered us shoes from “Shoes for Crews.”  They were slip resistant, too. I know when I used to wear my New Balance shoes to work, they would be extremely slippery when the floor was wet. 

You should check out. https://www.shoesforcrews.com/

Post # 9
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Go to a shop that sells scrubs in your area – they always carry the MOST comfortable shoes for the field. I can’t remember the name of mine at the moment. They are super ugly – like the kind with no laces – but they are the most comfortable thing I’ve ever put on my feet. They aren’t “clogs” but they also aren’t tennis shoes. I think I paid around $65 for them. They came recommended as the “number 1 nursing shoe” from the shop and I haven’t been disappointed yet. 🙂

If I can remember the name (they are already packed up for our move and I’m off this week) I’ll come back and post it for you!

They are all leather (for spills), all white. If that helps.

Post # 10
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I second the Danskos, I am a teacher and I love those shoes. My feet rarely hurt when I get home from standing all day.

Post # 11
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m a nurse and work 12’s! I wear strictly New Balance, never met a more comfortable shoe. Plus you need something with traction and not smooth bottoms bc sometimes you dont know what you may step in…;) I would recommend a cross trainer or walking shoe. Running shoes are made for that and have different arches.

Post # 12
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m another nurse bee and I agree on New Balance and Asics! I currently have Asics Nimbus 12 and GT 2160 and I love them!! I lift kids for  7 hours then work another job and I find that if I don’t wear those shoes, my heel spur acts up. I went to a podiatrist last year and I forget the reason but he wasn’t a fan of Danskos. But everyone’s feet are built different. I have owned Danskos, Nursemates, Klogs, Dr. Scholls (they make clogs too) and Keen. I have always gone back to sneakers. Asics are my choice. Good luck!

PS You can tax deduct work-related purchases so you can get something back. Just keep the receipt.

Post # 13
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I bought the original Skechers Shape Ups (with the bigger platform) and they are AMAZING! It’s like walking on a cloud! I walked 7.12 miles the other day and my feet didn’t hurt! My legs were tired but no foot pain.

Post # 14
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m a CROCS adovcate.

I went through many “nursing” type shoes and a few differnt tennis shoes before getting crocs when I worked at the Hospital.

I was a phlebotomist and on normal (not fall/winter) days walked 9+ miles in a regular shift… along with at times, standing in the same postion for 10 minues or so w/ really difficult patients… These thing saved my life, my feet, AND my back!

I liked my asics, but they are still much heavier than the crocs so I was still more tired and my lower back still had a tendency to hurt.

Post # 15
145 posts
Blushing bee

Skechers Shape-ups! The only shoes that have ever kept my feet from hurting. In regular sneakers I would be crawling, literally could not walk, when I got home from work. Plus they help tone your legs and they come in non-skid! 

Post # 16
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@DaniSue13: like I said! I should be an advocate for the Shape Ups. I tell EVERYONE how amazing they are. Really! WOrth the investment.. on the bigger platform ones though.

The topic ‘Comfortable sneakers for a 12.5 hour shift?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors