(Closed) Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 30
4544 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Ignore that! How rude! Your ring is gorgeous!! Just because it’s not all diamonds doesn’t make it strange, it makes it unique and stunning.

Post # 31
2191 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yeah your rings are awesome! I have always been in lust over them since the first time I saw them so that person is strange!

Post # 32
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

Aw, I love you rring set!  In fact, when I saw it, it made me really want a solitaire because it showed me that I could have different possibilities with my wedding band to add to it. Laughing

Post # 34
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think it’s beautiful! I have a coloured wedding band also, and get a ton of comments on how ‘different’ it is. I just smile and say ‘well, I like things a bit different’ 🙂
Hubby has a ‘different’ wedding ring too and gets the exact same comments!

Post # 35
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Your ring set is gorgeous – they look beautiful together. Most people don’t expect the sapphires which is what I really like about it. I’d love a wedding ring like yours – is it white gold or platinum?

Just ignore any rude comments – some people don’t know their arse from their elbow.

Post # 36
7368 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Don’t worry about it. Its gorgeous. Sadly, I think most people outside of the bridal board/blog world aren’t quite hip to the game of other gemstones being “normal” for wedding sets. Screw her.

Post # 37
15038 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You seem to get a lot of comments regarding the size of your ring and now the sapphires, and you post a lot about offensive comments and diamond size and the implications of having a diamond of a certain size.  Are YOU happy with your ring?  If you are, I think all these b*llsh*t comments about diamond size (whether it be too small or too large to people) or why your ring has sapphires woudln’t bother you.  Honestly, do you really care what people think about your personal piece jewlery??

Edit, regarding the comment, maybe it was uncalled for, but that’s her personal opinion.  You didn’t ask for it, but she shared it.  No big deal.. maybe it was rude, but who cares what she thinks.  And as you already know, I love your set and never thought it was ‘weird’.

Post # 38
6659 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Umm.. first of all, they’re saphires, not blue stones. Second, they’re beautiful, timeless and unique so she obviously has bad taste. Don’t let it bother you!!

Post # 39
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

You should have told her to go ask Kate Middleton or Princess Diana (well, it’s the thought that matters)

Post # 40
1889 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Your ring is beautiful, not strange.  Hopefully this woman intended to use the word “unique” or “different” instead of strange… William gave Kate a blue ring, and she doesn’t seem too upset about it!

Post # 42
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Definitely not unusual! My engagement ring is actually my FMIL’s former wedding set, and it has two guards with three sapphires each! Not strange at all. What a stupid thing to say.

Post # 42
Hostess
11164 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Wow, seriously? That’s just super rude!

First thing your ring is gorgeous and I love to admire all rings especially those with unique options like colored stones. While it isn’t my personal style that doesn’t mean I and anyone else can’t appreciate its beauty.

Don’t feel insecure or let it get to you, perhaps she wa sa tad jealous? Your ring is gorgeous and perfect for you, it doesn’t matter if the lady working the register didn’t agree. 🙂

Post # 43
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Your rings are gorgeous and unique!! People just react negatively to things they aren’t familiar with. Don’t take it personally!

The topic ‘Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors