(Closed) Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 44
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@mrs_moden_to_be:

i actually KNEW  you were from England before i checked your location…..with the  ‘dont know their arse from their elbow comment!’  LMAO….. 

on the subject of the ring,

i think it depends on how old the person was, to know if it was meant to be an insult. 

for instance 20 years ago it was commonplace for the bride to wear an engagement ring,  a plain or patterend wedding ring….(not diamonds)  and if they had an eternity ring, it was either diamond, or sapphire and diamond.

we live in an age now where we think….WHY?   why cant i have just what i want?   well of course we can,  and do. but the lady that commented was maybe thinking it wasnt the norm IN HER DAY? was she an older lady? 

really,  maybe it wasnt an insult, just confused thinking?    personally i dont think there are any rules about what to and what not to wear, and i love your ring choice.  and since seeing that you wear it with a solitaire,  makes me think maybe i would like a solitaire with a stone set wedding band.   I love sparklies! 

Post # 46
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@anneB

Yes, I’m from England! Where abouts are you from? 🙂

Post # 47
1690 posts
Bumble bee

A small town called Sleaford,  near  Lincoln.

Post # 48
1690 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsFuzzyFace:

OMG  what a terrible thing to say!    i think i would have drawn her one off! 

you can THINK it,  but to say it is downright disgusting.  it can be a million and one reasons why………but to say that…. its a defiante no no

Post # 49
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@anneB

Sounds nice. I’m from Bolton 🙂

Post # 50
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MrsFuzzyFace: I love it – it is stunning! People only say things like that because they have zero creativity or opinion besides what they see in magazines.

Post # 52
1175 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Man oh man, I’d punch her in the throat.. Then tell her sapphires were the original engagement/wedding jewelry. So there.

Post # 53
2106 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

That’s just freaking rude.  Clearly, her mother never taught her the whole “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all” thing.  But seriously, your ring is beautiful, and I’m sure this will be the only negative comment you ever get about it!

Post # 54
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@MrsFuzzyFace: why because it doesn’t look like every other ring out there?  pfft.  don’t sweat it.  what a rude comment to make.

Post # 55
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

OMG what a horrible thing to say to you!  holy CRAP!  i can’t believe some people.  well, no, actually i can.  i look a lot younger than i am so i get the occasional teen mom comment when i’m out with my son, and other than that people love to assume i’m divorced.  but to actually ask you if you took drugs…jeebus.  common courtesy, people!  hol-y crap.

Post # 56
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Well your rings are beautiful, so I guess just put it down to rudeness on her part. What an idiot. 

As for the comment made about your daughter, how disgusting that someone would think it was ok to say something like that to you! Some people are social morons.

Post # 57
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Your band is unique and gorgeous.  What she said was not appropriate; however, I will say that I have said things before in the spur of the moment and then realized I chose the wrong word.  I’d say give her the benefit of the doubt that she found the wrong word, and if that is not the case chalk it up to someone who is out of touch with what a truly beautiful ring looks like. 

Post # 58
10713 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ve seen your ring a dozen times now on the bee and not once have I thought of it as anything other than beautiful… not strange at all!

The topic ‘Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors