(Closed) Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 59
43 posts
Newbee

I would think unique or different.  I also want a unique or different wedding band, since my e ring is so traditional.  Similar to your e ring.  I thought about a gemstone ring just like yours with saphires or some other gemstone.  I decided on a plaine knife edge wedding band.  I dont see very many knife edge bands, but it is still plain and simple.  I am super clumsy and like to wash my hands a lot.  I have nightmares about my ring being washed down the drain.  so I decided on something without stones in it.

Post # 60
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@mrsBtoBee:  I adore Diana’s/Kate’s ring with the sapphire as the MAIN stone!  I don’t know why anyone would insinuate that sapphires in a wedding band are strange.  I guess the store clerk just doesn’t know classy jewelry?!

Post # 61
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Your band is stunning and very unique to you. I’m considering pink sapphires to represet my triumph with breast cancer so if anyone would say something like that to me I’d reply.. “Why would you say something so rude”? It puts the question back on them and they have to explain themselves. I just hate people that are rude. Didn’t their mother ever tell them “If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all”!!!!!

Post # 62
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I love your set!  I can’t believe she said that.  Whenever I see your set, it makes me with I had looked at bands with colored stones :-).  It is gorgeous!  Some people are ridiculous.  I had someone on my wedding day, when I showed  her my band,  comment, “Oh your band so dainty.”.  Thanks lady! I just find that when people make these sort of comments that I have to just sigh and move one Tongue out

Post # 63
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I think that combination is gorgeous, I love the way both of them look… Don’t feel down, if you love it then that’s all that matters! 

Post # 64
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

First of all your ring is AMAZING!!!!!  Second of all that sales person had no cooth what so ever to make a comment like that.  People can be strange at times.  I had a sales woman say to me about my ring -Is that real??? when I said yes it was my engagment ring (mine is a sapphire) – She said ” No sh**ing?”   I didn’t know what to say to that.

Post # 65
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@Ill Be Mrs B: Good for you!!!  Go for it.  I just recently got a coffee mug for a friend who is now cancer free.  It is says – “Cancer touched my breast, so I kicked its butt”  She absolutely loved it! 

The topic ‘Comment about my ring & why I let it make me feel insecure’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors