Post # 1
Here are our DIY Invites! We did Die Cuting three times per invite, Stamp Embossing twice per invite and also raised paper embossing twice per invite.
Forgot to take photos of the RSVP and Additional Info cards that are tucked in. I took the advice of some other Bee and added a “handmade by” sticker to the back. So far people love them!!
And sorry for the crappy quality, my phone camera is scratched to all heck, later I’ll have nice images from my camera but need to find the cord to take those images off…
Post # 3
I think they look great!!
Post # 4
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
They look awesome, great job!! I wish I had thought of adding a “handmade by” sticker!!
Post # 5
@elysion: Yeah someone mentioned in that “things I’d would have done” thread. I thought it would help excuse some imperfections 😉
Post # 6
@elysion: No kidding! That’s a great personal touch!
@Elky: Those turned out great!
Post # 7
Wow these are stunning, well done! The colours look amazing.
Post # 8
They look great! What did you use to die cut? A Silhouette?
Post # 9
Post # 10
I’m making mine too – with SU! supplies. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the pocket? I’ve been struggling getting it right. Which colours did you use?
Post # 11
@MsGinkgo: The folded invite is 5.25″x5.25″ please note that if you include the RSVP Card to mail this is BAD BAD BAD. The minmum mailing dimensions is that 1 side of the envelope MUST be 5.5″ which is impossible in the insert. The problem with going bigger is that these were made from 12×12 and 8.5×11 sheets, which if you go to 6×6 squares wont fold properly/give you an overlap. I don’t believe there is paper longer than 12″ so you can’t go bigger and still keep the square like that.
You can technically keep it the way it is if you include the RSVP Envelope as just a 2nd envelope either laying inside or laying inside the other envelope itself but not inside the invite. You could have gone with a larger envelope though. I went with a 5.5″ envelope, if you did the 6″ envelope you’d have space to insert the response envelope without folding.
The base was cut from the 12×12 with the slight extra paper just being left off to the side for other scrapbooking projects. The Scoring was done at 3″ and 8.5″ where 3″ was the top of the invite in order to allow for a taller pocket.
The pocket flap was 3.5″ tall and allowed the die cutting to go deeper to show more of the inserts.
The dimensions of the inserts were:
4.75″ x 3.25″
3.75″ x 2.75″
You had to make sure to really glue the edge of the pocket to give a fit for the larger card.
We also used the Scotch glue tape runner (My source: http://www.nhsmedia.com/atgtapes.htm#ATG714 )
Our ribbon was layered using a 7/8″ thick and a 5/8″ thick double faced satin. Ribbon was adhered using mini glue dots, same with the monogram. Monogram was done with a punch by simply offsetting it and punching using leftover paper and the printed monogram paper 🙂
I’m not sure what the colours were called as my FI and I just looked at the swatches and my mother placed the order through the consultant.
Post # 12
They look great! I am planning to DIY my invites as well (when the time comes..as of now, we don’t even have a date set! ha). Did you save a lot of money going this route? (I’ve had friends w/ various experiences, some saved lots but said the time consumed wasn’t quite worth it…and some ended up spending more as they kept adding embellishments and what not).
Post # 13
@Elky: They are so nice! I DIY’d my invites as well. I was so much prouder of them because I made them!
Post # 15
@TO_Cali: It depends on how you look at it. I could have just printed basic invites at Staples or used a premade kit and paid practically nothing but it would not have looked anywhere near the same. I think we probably spent about $1.50-$2 per invite (not including postage, but including envelope) but I think they’re definitely “worth” a lot more. If I’d just printed stuff off it would have been about 50-75 cents each. So it cost more than the most basic of basics, but definitely not a budget buster or anything like that.
@ceebree: Aye despite the effort you get to look at them and go “damn, I made that!”
@Almost Mrs.P: No problem let me know if you need any other info 🙂 BTW Stampin’up is coming out with a new metal plate instead of the acrylic so that way you can use the die cuts easier. If this existed OMG I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN HEAVAN. Trying to place the die cut and hope it doesn’t shift is the biggest pain. I used a temporary glue to glue the dies to the acrylik but its not an ideal solution. Keep an eye out for the magnetic metal block for it if you want to do any die cutting 🙂
Post # 16
omg i love the asian symbol!!! so cute