- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Not looking for any judgements here – I just know I liked looking over people’s budgets when I was planning to get an idea of what to spend or what things can cost, and I hope this might help some people. AND, I’m still de-stressing from the wedding and this feels cathartic. Feel free to ask any questions you might have!
We didn’t go into debt at all! – I saved diligently for 2 years ($6K), my mom contributed $6K, his parents contributed $2K, and he contribued his army bonus ($10K). In the end, we ended up saving about $2K because of the reduced guest count. (More for the honeymoon and house savings!!) All other monies needed came out-of-pocket, spur-of-the-moment. And of course, there are a ton of little costs not included – meals throughout, gas to and from, etc. I hope I got everything, and I’m sorry if I missed anything!
Invited: 200 (lots of out-of-state family) Attended/fed: 112 (that includes 6 vendors, too)
Catering and Rentals: $7404
Sullivan Street Caterers, Blanco, Texas
– $25.85/person for food: fruit and cheese display with lemonade and watermelon fresca for outdoor “cocktail hour” post-ceremony, 3 stations of assorted small plates/tapas for dinner
– rentals include everything because my venue has nothing (plates, forks, glasses, tables, napkins, tablecloths, chairs, etc)
– this price also includes staffing, bartenders, set-up, clean-up, cake cutting
Venue: $500 plus $250 deposit
Ceremony: local park (free); Reception: Old Blanco County Courthouse (historic building)
– We’re going to lose most of our deposit because the caterer didn’t turn off the A/C (and this is central Texas in June, after all). I didn’t realize the full-service caterer included everything else in set-up and clean-up (including turning ON the A/C), but not turning off the A/C, but in reading through the contract, this is not specifically spelled out, so there’s nothing I can do. Not a big deal.
DIY Bar: ~$1400
– Darling Husband assembled the bar, to include 3 kinds of bottled beer, 2 reds and 1 white wine, champange, his signature drink (Pisco Sour) and mine (Pomegranate Margarita), non-HFCS sodas and juices. We had at least 1/4 of the alcohol leftover (and glad to have it at home!)
AL Collective, Austin, Texas (awesome!!)
– This price includes 2 hr engagements, 1.5 hr bridals, and 7 hrs w/ 2 photographers on wedding day plus travel costs.
– No prints or albums, but we get DVDs of everything editted, with all printing rights.
Bridal Cake: $525
Classic Cakes by Lori, Dripping Springs, Texas (awesome!!)
– 120 servings of Italian creme cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing
Groom’s Cake Buffet: $140
Whole Foods, Austin, Texas (awesome!!)
– We ordered 6 8″ standard bakery cakes in flavors they had on their list (chocolate explosion, strawberry shortcake, tres leches, chantilly cream, German chocolate, almond torte). No special decor or anything. The guests LOVED them and it was one of the most memorable things at the wedding. Perfect amount of cake. My baker would have charged about $85 per cake for the same things.
Cake Pedastals: ~$125
Hobby Lobby and Macys
– 6 glass 8″ and 13″ pedastals from Hobby Lobby were ~$12 each and perfect.
– Martha Stewart’s 12″ square pedastal from Macys was great for mine and on sale for $30.
The Floral Studio, San Marcos, Texas
– All bouquets and bouts were roses. Low centerpieces were roses/lilies/yellow filler; tall centerpieces were dyed-yellow baby’s breath. Floral initials were yellow carnations.
– Included 5 Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 1 toss bouquet, 2 FGs’ worth of petals, 11 bouts, 2 mom bouquets, 2 grandmother corsages, 16 potted daisies to line the aisles and later use in reception space, 2 ft floral initials, 3 arrangements and ribbon for the stairwell, 9 low centerpieces, 3 tall ceenterpieces, and cake topper.
Ceremony Accessories: ~$477
Online: Big Duck Canvas, Etsy, Luna Bazaar
– We bought 50 yds of white 10 oz canvas to use as the aisle runner. It was amazing and stood up to the dead grass, random rocks and twigs, leaves, and heels with no problems. It was like walking on a blanket. $270
– We did a ring warming ceremony and bought a $7 pouch on Etsy.
– I bought 48 paper fans and 10 parasols from Luna Bazaar to help cool guests and add to fun/decor. They look great in pictures. Totally worth the ~$200.
Reception Accessories and Decor: ~$529
Online: Smarty Had A Party, Amazon, WeddingBee
– We bought hard plastic cups for outdoor cocktail hour and for mixed drinks inside. Also, lots of yellow cocktail napkins that never got put out, acrylic cake cutters for cake buffet, and other plastic items where needed. $216 on acrylics.
– Bathroom baskets cost $125 total to assemble. Lots left over, but worth it.
– Sparklers were $93 and awesome
– 216 votives from Quick Candles through Amazon were amazing and perfect. Long lasting.
– This number also includes card box, table numbers and holders, little signs, etc.
Wedding Dress: $1475
Celebrations, New Braunfels, Texas (awesome!!)
– I wore the Maggie Sottero Gatsby and I LOVED it. $1096
– Stored it until the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding, for approx. 18 months. $75
– Alterations were $304. Modified neckline to a sweetheart, 5 pt American bustle, and had the bodice taken in.
Bridal Accessories: $297 + gifts
Soma, Kate Spade, Dillards, MAC, Etsy
– Had great-grandma’s screw-back earrings converted to a post-back and cleaned. $56
– Make-up from MAC and Bare Essentials. $153
– Tulle pouf from vendor on Etsy was my fav. $40
– Strapless bra from SOMA was great. $23 (half off)
– Garter was $13 on Etsy and perfect.
– Shoes were TOMS wedges and a gift from my mom. $89
– Jewelry was from Dillards and a gift from my mom. $200 (half off)
– Kate Spade clutch was a gift to myself. $145 (final sale online)
Grooms Attire: $250 + MW giftcard used
– Sean Jean Suits from MW (all GMs bought together on BOGO deal): $210
– Tailoring: $40
– Shirt and suspenders came from MW, too. Dunno the cost.
Kris Kimura Quartet, Austin, Texas (awesome!!)
– Darling Husband and I are musicians and the band is friends of ours. They usually charge $2500 for a wedding reception.
– Sax and piano for ceremony. Vocals/woodwinds, piano, guitar, bass for reception.
Wedding Night Hotel Room: $185
Best Western Luxury Inn & Suites, Blanco, Texas (awesome!!)
– The only nice hotel in town. King room with whirlpool tub.
Wedding Party Gifts: ~$900
Online: TOMS, The Tie Bar, LUSH, Etsy, Amazon, St Judes, EnviroSax
– For GMs: TOMS basic black canvas shoes and ties for wedding day
– For BMs: small lotion from LUSH, personalized hanger, 2 St Jude’s 75hr candles, reusable bag from EnviroSax
– For FGs: 3 piece pearl set off Amazon
– For Ring Bearer: TOMS
– Parents: handkerchiefs online. Going to get a photo album from AdoramaPix after pro pics come in.
Printed Products: ~$773
Mostly VistaPrint (awesome!!)
– Magnet STD, invitation with matting, accommodations/map card, RSVP card, programs, menus, belly bands, thank you notes.
– Also purchased doilies to put down at table setting (online)
– Included postage in this cost, too.
Make-up Artist: $300
Celia, General Manager – MAC counter/Nordstroms/Barton Creek Mall, Austin, Texas (awesome!!)
– Did make-up for 4.5 BMs (just eyes on one), mom and grandmother at mom’s house
Katlin from Venus Day Spa and friend, Austin/Kyle, Texas (awesome!!)
– Mom paid for this, so I dunno what the final cost was. Katlin and a hair stylist friend came to the house and did hair for me, mom, grandmother, aunt, and 3 BMs.
– Groom played on Friday before wedding with GMs, grandfather, officiant, etc. This just paid for him.
Engagement rings: ~$1600
Ruby Lane (online antique dealer; awesome!!)
– First ring (placeholder) was opal rose gold from late 1800s for ~$250.
– Diamond ring was .58 tcw, 5 stone European cut stones in rose gold, from mid-1800s for ~$1350.
Wedding Rings: $732
– Bought our wedding rings off Amazon for $594. His is 5mm white gold. Mine is 2mm rose gold with 17 diamonds (1/6 ct).
– Engraving his ring was $30.
– Appraising all 3 of my rings was $108 (wedding band and 2 engagment rings)
Groom’s hotel room on Friday before wedding: $150
Best Western Luxury Inn & Suites, Blanco, Texas
Rehearsal Dinner: ~$900
Uptown Restaurant, Blanco, Texas (awesome!!)
– In-laws did all planning for this. They gave us $2000 for the wedding and we asked them to use $900 for rehearsal dinner, so they did.
Charitable Donation in lieu of favors: $100
– Make-A-Wish Foundation and World Wildlife Fund.
Honeymoon: $1000 (from wedding budget)
– We planned to use part of our “wedding savings” on the honeymoon, and the rest we saved for separately. Honeymoon in St. Croix breakdown: (9 days/8 nights)
*Hotel: $1000 (half off, mom’s godfather owns it)
*Rental car: $350
*Food: ~$150 per day
Hope this helps some brides-to-be out there! Pro pic recaps will follow when I get them!!