(Closed) Compliment to Casablanca 1971 Wedding Dress (PICS)

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hi WJ14!

Congratulations on finding the dress!

it’s gorgeous! I love how romantic lace looks. I think lace can go either way: glamorous or rustic chic. I think its about the accessories.

IMHO, your bridesmaids can wear any color you want them to (just not white 🙂 ).

Aqua and gold/champange sound really good together. I don’t think it has to be sequins, unless you’re a fan of it. Satin or chiffon would be nice too.

Your third picture down is the one I like the most. It is beautiful. The sleeves are awesome!

Ultimately, it’s your decision.

Let us know.

I hope this helps!

Best,

-T

Post # 5
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I could TOTALLY see your dress in a rustic chic wedding!  In fact, that’s how I first saw the picture!

I think the guys will be fine in khaki, and I seriously think either of those bridesmaids options would be gorgeous, and they might even add to the rustic vibe, particularly the aqua.  If the sequins are accessorized right, that could even be the chic part of rustic.  😉

Post # 6
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love love loooove that dress, it’s perfect for any type of wedding!

Post # 7
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@wj14:  I totally understand! I’m right there with you. Having people confirm does give your decisions some validation, especially about a big day! 

The topic ‘Compliment to Casablanca 1971 Wedding Dress (PICS)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors