Post # 1
I have found the perfect spot for our wedding next May. It is everything I want. The cost is $500 for the site, and we will then proceed to a restaurant (yet to be determined) for the reception.
My concern is that we have to cancel within 30 days or we lose 75% of the cost. If it rains, there is an indoor option, but it is not very attractive and it is very dark (electric candles only are allowed). I am thinking that maybe we could make sure that the restaurant we choose could accomodate our brief ceremony, and not charge us for that, so perhaps we wouldn’t really lose anything, but I am still concerned.
I cannot pass up the location, but I’m scared if it rains, we will lose the $500.
Any advice? I really, really love this location and I have seen nothing like it that even offers us an indoor option (ugly as it may be).
Post # 3
Maybe having a tent renting service where once you’re able to get a better forecast you cn call? Other than that, i have no other ideas..I am also thinking of doing an outdoor ceremony and are just worried about this.
Post # 4
thanks! Yes, that’s a good option, I think, although I wouldn’t be able to have mine in the garedn (I don’t think they allow tents in there, but they do on site).
Post # 5
I don’t mean to sound negative, but even at 30 days out, it’s really not going to be possible to predict what the weather will be like. That said, you still have a great chance at having a beautiful day. I’d agree with trying to get tents….it stinks you’d have to sacrifice your garden area, but I’m not sure what else you could do. Unless you can look around and find another lovely outdoor venue that has a been Plan B in case of rain?
Post # 6
I agree with gemstone..i dont know if rental companies allow for emergency tent rentals? and yea, it would totally suck to lose the graden area 🙁