(Closed) Considering going to Kleinfeld’s with a $1500 budget

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Any reasons in particular you want to go to Kleinfiled?

Post # 5
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I dont think they will make you feel lousy! I think it might be easier to find your dress at a store that hasmore options in your price range, but hey might as well give it a try right? Also they are having their sample sale this month so you might want to check that out!

Post # 6
1231 posts
Bumble bee

My friend went there and got the most gorgeous dress! She only had a budget of 1500. She said she wanted to go for the experience and she enjoyed it. She also went in knowing that $1500 was her limit and she wasn’t going above it. 🙂

Post # 7
4824 posts
Honey bee

They mark up their dresses a lot since they have a loto of overhead and who they are. You will get a lot more for your money if you go somewhere else.

Post # 8
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

IDK how they will make you feel? Probably not lousy but I have seen my dress on SYTTD. The bride’s budget was $3000 and mine is $1547. So I wonder if they jack up the prices?

Post # 9
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

The consultant where I purchased my dress said that Kleinfield overcharges for their dresses. She said a 4,000 dress at Kleinfield, is sold here in Michigan for 1,500. Could it be due to the cost of living though??

Post # 10
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

@jackndiane:  If it’s your desire to go then go.  I just don’t want you to have overinflated expectations in case you get disappointed.  I do hear that they markup costs compared to where I live.  And I live in a big city.  More importantly, I think you should take advantage of being in nyc and book appointments in other salons as well. 

Post # 11
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Going to Kleinfeld’s is like going to Tiffany’s. You pay a big markup for the experience and the name, but for some people both of those things are really important. I don’t think they will make you feel badly about your budget, but it would probably help to go in with a clear vision of what you’re after.

Post # 13
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

You can definately go there with that budget. I went with a 3k budget and at least half the dresses she showed me were under 1500. As for marking up prices, I checked online and other bridal shops for the dresses i was shown and the prices were about the same. You just have to be realistic about what you can afford, and only look at dresses in your price range.

I have to say that out of all the bridal shops I’ve been to, Kleinfelds made me feel the most special. Where they get you is the alterations, which is a 600 flat fee. While in NYC you should also check out RK bridal, its not quite the Kleinfeild experience but you will find tons of dresses in your price range.

Post # 14
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think it would be worth going there for the experience. However I think you would be better off actually buying your dress somewhere else because you will have more selection and get better value.

Post # 15
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@jackndiane:i dont think they will make u feel bad but there wont b much there for you to try on and there are so many beautiful gowns u will see that u might get discouraged.:(

The topic ‘Considering going to Kleinfeld’s with a $1500 budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors