Post # 1
So as its snowing here in Bozeman this evening, it got me to thinking; what are all of your contingency plans for unexpected weather? I have a hard time considering having an inside wedding in Montana since the natural environment is so freaking gorgeous here, but if you plan one outside its almost like you plan 2 weddings just to be prepared for the weather…
Tents? Indoor space?
Post # 3
Our contingency plan is … wait and see if we really need a contingency plan! Rather than plan a second wedding and pay a second fee, we’re just going to wait until, like, the week before and see what the weather looks like. If it seems like we need one, we’ll formulate a quick plan then. That might sound stressful, but I’ve got my fingers crossed!
Post # 4
Eehhh you might be fine. It’ll either by 75 and sunny or 25 and snow! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Post # 5
We were certain to have a rain contigency plan because I knew I couldn’t deal with it if we didn’t have a back-up plan. Our ceremony is currently outdoors at a hotel garden area (with cocktail hour being outdoors as well). For inclement weather, the hotel provides an indoor ballroom area for the ceremony, with a portico area for cocktail hour.
Regardless, our reception will be indoors.
Post # 6
So where are you getting married in Bozeman? It’s a beautiful town – lots of good choices! We’re over on the eastern side of the state, getting married in Makoshika State Park. Should be gorgeous!
It’s fun to see another Montana girl on here!
Post # 7
We are going to have a tent for sure but other than that we will be in big trouble if something major happens as our wedding is on a lake about 30 minutes from town! We picked a weekend in the summer that is traditionally really warm and sunny so I am not super worried…but you never know. We will have 200 unhappy guests!
Post # 8
Like SEAmeetsMT, I picked a date in late August when it’s usually dry, sunny and hot (sometimes a little too hot). We’re getting married in Billings and having our ceremony uncovered outdoors and the reception in a tent outdoors, both at my parents’ home. If there is some kind of freakish storm going on, I guess we’ll have to move the ceremony inside somewhere, probably to their barn on the same property. For the reception, I guess we’ll just use sidewalls on the tent.
Billings seems to be a little drier and slightly more predictable than Bozeman… I don’t envy you at all, CHK, for having to make contingency plans! With that said, when it’s nice in Bozeman (either with snow on the ground or dry and sunny), there are few places I’d rather be than there 🙂 When is your wedding?
Post # 9
it usually doesn’t snow much in central jersey anymore, but if it does, unless it’s the storm of the century, I expect the day to go on as usual. If we’re snowed in, then the venue will let us rechedule. We also got wedding insurance, just incase.