- 5 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
So Darling Husband told me that we might have to leave overseas next year b/c his job might go back stateside. We were under the impression that we had an additional couple of years to be here, now maybe 10 months tops…and even have family members planning to visit during the time we’d be gone so that would definitely be bumped up.
The dilemma comes from whether or not we should continue TTC or just finish all the traveling we want to do…during the next several months. We’ve traveled extensively here (think 1-2 trips a month at least) but there are places we still want to go. Although I’d still be happy with the trips we’ve done if we left tomorrow.
We started seeing a RE here and the next step is a laprascopy…then onto IVF b/c the RE thinks that’s the only option for us to get pregnant. She wants us to start the process asap. I was actually supposed to start it a couple of months ago but our traveling and going to visit our family back home prevented us from doing that.
I’ve been down the “infertility” road before with my ex (over 6+ years of TTC) and know how much it takes to keep up with cycles/timing/appts/etc.
I know that Darling Husband and I haven’t been great lately (based on my posts) and we are working on that but I’m stuck on whether to just wait to do fertility treatments until after we move next year.
I’ll be at least 37 when I get pregnant for the first time and I don’t really feel like “waiting” is necessarily the best thing to do anymore. But then I think IF for some reason I get pregnant on my own (still hoping) then I’ll be due around the time we move. I might even have to leave here early to find a doctor at our new location….once again, this is assuming I get KU’d in the next couple of months…probably not gonna happen on my own but still praying!
I’ve had things like this come up before and I’ve always said “it’s ok to wait, it’ll happen when it’s supposed to.” But I also feel like then I’m not in the TTC journey 100% b/c of things that do come up…meaning I’ll convince us to use protection so I don’t “interfere” with certain issues…if that makes sense.