Yes. and it has affected me beyond belief. Before this, 2 year realtionship with “Paul” and then another 2 years after of us sleeping together… I’m damaged.
I’m in a healthy relationship now, and getting married but still i am damaged from this abusive relationship. Before i was confident, and outgoing, fun, loving. Now I’m super sensitive, I cry at the drop of a dime, i have anxiety, depression. I have a therapist and a psychiatrist.
okay so the signs… (which i didnt see until after i left the relationship)
1. Withholding sex… when he was mad at me which seemed to be all of the time, he refused to be affectionate. Yet there were times he would have sex with me ( but he was apparently mad for some reason) wouldnt kiss me, or talk to me after we had sex… so i would just feel used. crying myself to sleep
2. The obvious… such as call me cunt, or bitch etc.
3. Make me believe that I was “crazy”
4. Make me believe that everything was my fault in the relationship
5. Disregard my feelings… always
6. Ridicule me, make jokes about my weight (at the time i weighed 135 and was 5’6) then tell me it was a joke or that I had no sense of humor.
7. he would tell me I’m TOO sensitive when he was just an asshole.
8. twist my words…
9. left me in the middle of the woods at night for 20 minutes ( we were ridding an ATV)
10. drive like an asshole when mad, scaring me.
11. I began doubting my memory. wondering if I was somehow crazy and to blame, i would often take blame for it.
hope this helps.