(Closed) Cooking…

posted 5 years ago in Cooking
Post # 16
Member
2175 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I loathe cutting onions. I used to wear swimming goggles while cutting them I hated it so much, but it’s not just the burning, I’m also terrible at cutting them evenly. Now I just avoid recipes that require them.

Post # 17
Member
160 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
scissorgirl :  I second chicken breast. I been cooking fried chicken all my life but when it comes to other methods my chicken  always comes out dry. Especially chicken breast. Now when a recipe calls for it I just switch it out for boneless chicken thighs or create a sauce to go along with it. 

Post # 18
Member
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

Hmm.. I dislike cooking tamales or bagels or really anything that needs lye.  Because talk about a lot of work for something you could just buy.

Post # 19
Member
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I’m bad at sausages too! I always burn the outside but don’t get the inside done. I’ll have to try the water in the pan trick. 

I’m also bad at baking cookies- cakes, pies, brownies, no problem, but for some reason my cookies either don’t rise enough or I accidentally bake them too long. I keep trying different recipes with no luck!

Post # 20
Member
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

DH and I can’t stand any pink so I always BOIL my chicken and sausage first. For a solid 30 minutes. Than I bake or fry or do whatever to it. It can make it dry, but that’s what cause is for, lol.

For the longest time, I couldn’t make chicken pot pie. It was always runny. I have it down now, but it took awhile. And many pounds of chicken in the garbage.

I’m not a good baker, though. 

Post # 21
Member
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - St. John\'s Lutheran Church

This is weird, but I suck at making frosting or icing. If I’m making buttercream, even if I follow the recipe it comes out either too sweet and gritty or too greasy. If it’s glaze, my glaze will NEVER set up. I don’t know how I suck so badly at making something that has like two ingredients.

I also am bad at making sauces. I either burn them to the pan or take them off too early so they’re runny.

Post # 22
Member
30399 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

One suggestion- get a meat thermometer. You will know when your chicken breast is done but still moist and save it from being dry.

Post # 23
Member
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

pancakes for the life of me I can’t make them but I can throw down in the kitchen otherwise. I follow the recipe exactly and still no good I even ruin bisquick pancakes like how is that possible.

Post # 24
Member
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

90% of my cooking comes in casserole form. The other 10% is basic party foods like piggies in a blanket or Christmas cookies I have been making since I was old enough to help in the kitchen (so I can do them in my sleep).

Everything else can smell my fear!

Post # 25
Member
185 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
jennmariee :  Haha! Totally concur. I used to cut them with goggles on too hahah!

Post # 26
Member
8066 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I don’t know if I can think of any particular thing.  But I hate having to prep (grate or mince) ginger.  HATE IT.  I keep the jar/tube of it in my fridge for when I just can’t bring myself to deal with it.  Same thing with garlic.  I don’t hate it as much as ginger but it’s still tedious so I keep a jar in my fridge for when I can’t deal.  I’m not a fan of onions, but they only take a minute to chop so at least it goes quickly.  That or if I have other veggies that need chopped I’ll throw them in my mini food processor.

Post # 27
Member
7528 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Gravy.  Why is gravy so hard?  I’m sweating bullets just thinking about Thanksgiving coming up.

The topic ‘Cooking…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors